Go from Fat-to-Fit like TV actor Vibhav Roy
- Max out your gym session: Instead of spending hours pounding the treadmill or elliptical, try and mix it up in the gym. Intersperse short, high intensity bursts on the treadmill followed by weights or stretches. Eat a fruit or pre-training supplement like Prolab Quick Fire Fruit Punch before your gym session to get instant energy and have a protein shake like MRI Pro-Nos French Vanilla Crème or GNC Whey Isolate 28 Vanilla (2 Lbs) afterwards to build muscle and stave off hunger pangs.
Picking the right shake is very important to boost your calorie burn for hours to come. Whey protein-post workout boosts calorie burning and hits muscles faster than other protein sources, according to a Swiss study.
- Make the right lifestyle choices: Be mindful of what you eat daily. That vada pav or samosa you down at tea time, the sugary tea and biscuits that keeps you going all day are all fat minefields. Like Vibhav incorporate clear soups, undressed salads and low fat yoghurt in every meal
- Be realistic about weight loss: Want to lose ten kilos in a month? It’s not going to happen! Overdoing it in the gym and starving yourself will result in muscle not fat loss, and the weight will just come back. Aim for a more sustainable one pound weight loss per week. You might want to try some herbal weight loss supplements like GNC Garcinia Cambogia 500mg (90 Caps) or GNC Green Tea Complex Tab 100 Caps that boost metabolism so that you burn fat faster. If you feel hungry even after a full meal, it might be a good idea to take a supplement like Natrol 5-HTP that triggers the release of serotonin, the feel-good hormone that prevents bingeing.
- Eat a balanced diet: Make sure you get the right balance of complex carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Ignoring a food group completely is foolhardy. Include fish, chicken, eggs, soy foods and pulses; brown rice or whole wheat, healthy fats derived from nuts and seeds, and giant servings of vegetables and some fruit daily.
- Stock up on multi-vitamins: Taking a daily multivitamin is a good way to prevent vitamin deficiencies. Nykaa recommends Nature’s Bounty Prescriptive Formulas Optimal Vitamin Packs Men’s and Natrol My Favorite Multiple Energize.
- Reward yourself: When you reach monthly milestones in your weight loss goals, treat yourself to a non-food based reward like new clothes or an outing with friends.
- Put mistakes behind you: If you slip up it’s not the end of the world. One chocolate bar or fried treat is a minor bump in the road. Don’t beat yourself up. Just refocus and move on.