7 days to Skinny Jeans Reboot
Nutritionist and wellness expert Sneha Tyrewala
Just one week to sexy and svelte.
This 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Re-Boot plan will have you feeling healthy, energized, and refreshed in just one week, declares celebrity Los Angeles returned nutritionist Sneha Tyrewala. She says, “I hate seeing people following crash diets and failing. So I’ve put together some sensible, tried and tested diet tips, workout routines and plenty of healthy, balanced recipes to get you started right.” Hello, skinny jeans!
This one time personal counselor for Jessica Alba, Hillary and Haliey Duff has now made India her base. Her list of clients includes Daisy Shah, Shahid Kapoor, Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, Salma Salim Khan and Sonakshi Sinha. Fast becoming the go-to when you want to get thin quick, Tyrewala has recently set up Detox Meals to go. The organization is dedicated to convincing people that healthy, natural, clean food can not only change one’s life, but be absolutely delicious and not cost a fortune. Okay, back to the 7 Days to Skin Jeans Re-boot!
First things first
Before we get into the exercises and recipes, it’s important to start off by setting a focused goal. In this case, that goal is fitting into those ‘skinny jeans.’Tyrewala says, “The term is actually a metaphor. It can mean different things to different people; for some it means fitting into your favorite dress or fitted top, for others skinny jeans!” No matter what it is, write down your goal and hang it up somewhere you will see it every day, like your bathroom mirror, she suggests. This way you will be motivated to stay on track all seven days…and hopefully beyond.
Now the rules
The guidelines are as follows:
- COMMIT: Keep your eyes on the prize and if possible, enlist a partner-in-crime. It’s always easier when you have a buddy for support!
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER: At least eight to ten glasses a day. Even more when the weather is humid or when you sweat a lot.
- EXERCISE: Pick one exercise and do it religiously every single day (save one day when you should give your body a break).
- SELECT WISELY: Pick one meal from each category below for each day.
- SNACK: Pick one snack for each day. I like to have a snack between lunch and dinner, but the timing is really up to you.
- BANISH JUNK: Avoid sodas, sugary baked goods and processed foods. Think of this week as a junk food cleanse.
- PACE YOURSELF: If possible, try to sneak in exercise before breakfast. But if you’re a late riser, squeeze it into your schedule later in the day. But make sure you do this daily!
- Blended Green Smoothie (Blend together avocado, cucumber, leafy greens, fresh basil, yoghurt, linseeds and a dash of kala namak. Garnish with a little hing and black pepper heated in extra virgin oilive oil.
- Non-fat Greek yogurt topped with walnuts, a handful of berries (or sliced banana) and a light drizzle of agave nectar.
- Overnight oats topped with bananas.
- 1 omelet muffin with salsa.
- Egg white omelet with spinach, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- One slice of toast with two hard-boiled eggs and a side of grapefruit or pineapple.
Lunch & Dinner Options
- Crunchy, spicy hummus wrap.
- Salmon tacos (substitute the tortillas for lettuce and eat as a salad).
- Grilled chicken, white fish or tofu served with a side of steamed vegetables.
- Chicken salad sandwich.
- Easy apricot chicken with a side of quinoa (or millet) and steamed broccoli.
- Spinach swap pasta.
- A bowl of the home-made chicken vegetable soup with a piece of whole grain bread.
- Baked pesto chicken with a small kale salad
- Stir fried vegetables.
- Low-carb zucchini lasagna.
- One cup Greek yogurt with half cup strawberries
- Half an avocado with a handful of sunflower seeds and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Kale chips and guacamole.
- Half cup of unsweetened bran cereal with almond milk and a few berries.
- Half an hour cardio (running, kickboxing, elliptical, swimming, step aerobics or brisk walking)
- One hour of Yoga or Pilates.
- Fat burning treadmill workout
- Circuit training: This would include 100 jumping jacks, 20 crunches, 20 squats, 10 push-ups, 25 bench dips (you can do this using a chair), 60 second wall sit, 60 second plank (repeat twice).
- One hour hike with a steady incline.
- The Slim Waist-Strong Arms Workout.
- The “Quickie” (my One Hour Workout in 30 Minutes)