If you’ve underestimated the power of an impressive pony, this is the time to change your mind. Most of us end up falling back on a trusty ponytail after an unsuccessful hour of attempting an inspirational (and undoable) hair tutorial, so why not master the art of the ponytails once and for all? Be a #PonyLoverForever with our guide on the prettiest ponytail for every occasion. Did I just hear a silent yay?
Complement the no-nonsense attitude at work with the oh-so-formal, sleek high ponytail hairstyle for long hair.
• Prep your tresses with the BBLUNT Spotlight Hair Polish, For Instant Shine.
• Gather all your hair in a super-high ponytail and secure with a tight elastic band.
• Take a small section of hair from the underside of the pony and wrap it around the band. Tuck it with a bobby pin once you reach the end.
• Finish off by smoothing flyaways; stroke on a dab of Toni&Guy Glamour: Serum Drops.
You don’t want your hair getting in the way of building an enviable waistline, do you? Keep it out of your face but in style with this ponytail.
• Start by making a high, sleek ponytail.
• Now let your pony double up as a braid. Convert the length of the hair into a fishtail braid and see how it behaves during your workout session. Don’t forget to finish up with the Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting Light Setting Lotion Spray
An elite, wine-and-dine party calls for an equally high-end hairdo. But that doesn’t mean you can’t swear by the pony with a poof!
• Take the crown section of your hair and back-comb it to create the desired volume required for this look. Use the Hairpro HP 6059 Back Combing Brush / Teasing Brush.
• Now gather your tresses and tie them up in a mid-ponytail while creating a slight poof in the front.
• Perfect the look by creating soft, effortless curls with the ends of your hair using the BaByliss 271CE Ceramic Hair Curler – White
Shouldn’t the bubble ponytail be declared synonymous to a fun, relaxed night-in with our favourite girlfriends? We’d sign this petition any day!
• Start by making a high ponytail, just how you normally do.
• Add another elastic after a few inches down the length of your pony. Keep repeating this step until you reach the end. Use the Invisibobble Power Hair Ring – True Black – Pack of 3.
• Tease the ‘bubbles’ of your hair pony to create a more voluminous appeal.
Aren’t you cursing yourself for not being blessed by the Pony Goddess sooner? Better late than never!