Radiant and luminous, Roberto Cavalli Acqua echoes the designer’s passion for the sea. A consummate sailor, Roberto Cavalli loves exploring the Mediterranean Sea. Roberto Cavalli Acqua was inspired by these journeys in search of new ideas. A sparkling floral, it is conceived as a delicate bouquet of aquatic jasmine and lily of the valley. Lighter and brighter than Roberto Cavalli’s signature perfume, it is a hymn to freedom and happiness. Its blue dress adequately illustrates its maritime influence.
Ten Point Guide to Check Your Perfume is Genuine :
- The Price : If it’s too cheap or hugely discounted, there’s a high probability it’s a fake.
- The Place : Buy your favorite perfume only from authorized and licensed retailers who clearly state this.
- The Serial Number : Look for control numbers, batch number or the serial number. The serial number should match on the bottle and box.
- Quality of Package : Note its thickness, clarity and overall quality. Brittle or cloudy cellophane is a red flag.
- Spellings : An ‘authentic’ designer perfume box with a spelling mistake or print error is clearly a fake.
- Color : Genuine fragrances are never murky or cloudy. If there are sediments or particles in the bottle, it’s a fake.
- Container : Examine the quality of the fragrance bottle. Check for thickness, clarity, scratches, air bubbles or discoloration.
- Look at the bottle's cap : Check the color, shape and quality of the molding.
- Texture : Feel the fragrance between your fingers for excessive oiliness, a common sign of a fake perfume.
- Smell : Counterfeit fragrances are often made improperly. Normally, when perfume is attached to alcohol, it is placed in cans for few days to settle. Fakes often skip this step, so the composition is messy, flat and unpleasant.
By The Girl with the Blue Hat.
I was quite surprised upon spraying Roberto Cavalli Acqua, as it's not noticeably aquatic. Instead, on my skin, it's a creamy white floral with vague citrus nuances, reminiscent of some cream or lotion. There isn't any dramatic development with time, the fragrance just becomes warmer, more musky and slightly sweeter. The sillage is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 10 hours. I was expecting something transparent, airy or soapy clean because of 'Acqua' in the name, but the fragrance seems to be heavier and more opaque. I do still enjoy it, but I'd suggest against blind buying to those who seek a more conventional aquatic fragrance.
Posted on 3/30/2016
Ask Nykaa (0)
Have a question on this product? Write a question and earn 100 reward points.
No questions yet. Ask and answer questions to earn 100 points (=Rs.1) each time!