Citronella (Cymbopogon Winteratus) is a grass that grows in mainly in Asian countries and some islands of Asia Pacific. It has a rich, crisp lemony aroma and thus got the name Citronella. It is well known for its effectiveness as an insect repellent, but has many aromatherapy benefits as well.
- Capable of healing & forming scar tissue.
- Insecticidal: Used as insect repellent.
- Treat colds and flu.
- Treats headaches.
The Benefits of Citronella
For Warding Of Insects
This is one of the most used properties of this essential oil, as it kills and keeps away insects. It has been found particularly effective on mosquito and is also effective on lice, body and head louse, fleas etc.
For Mind & Body
Citronella oil helps to clear the mind and has a general toning and tonic effect on the body. It can also help alleviate migraines and severe headaches.
For Respiratory Problems
Citronella Essential Oil has very effective soothing properties on patients with persistent colds, flu and minor infections of the respiratory tract.
Wounds, skin irritations and fungal infections can all be treated using citronella oil. It can be used as a skin astringent as well as a natural deodorant.
The crisp, rich citrus or lemon like aroma of this oil drives away body odour and is used in deodorants and body sprays. It can also be mixed with the bathing water to have a refreshing, body odour ending bath.
It is extracted through distillation process from the leaves, stems of Cymbopogon Winteratus or Nardus. The content of citronella oil is citronella and geraniol.
How to use product
- Citronella Oil can be used with shampoos, conditioners and hair oils for hair care.
- It can be added to bathing water to have a soothing effect on the skin.
- Citronella Essential Oil can be blended with other massage oils or with creams and lotions for respiratory ailments and skin infections.
- Also 5-10 drops of this natural oil can be added to 2 cups of water and be made into a spray for cleaning and freshening purposes.
- It can also be added to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion and reduce symptoms of cold and flu.
- Reviews (0)
Ask Nykaa (0)
Have a question on this product? Write a question and earn 100 reward points.
No questions yet. Ask and answer questions to earn 100 points (=Rs.1) each time!