Showstopper eyes, firestarter lips or radiant skin? M.A.C’s Sonic Sarwate gets our beauty mojo rising with three recipes for party makeup that are bound to be the bomb - By Parizaad Khan Sethi
One of our top picks for a hot beauty date would be M.A.C India’s Global Senior Artist, Sonic Sarwate. He can make us up for the proceedings, whisper sweet makeup nothings in our ear all evening and help us with touchups! If that’s not your idea of a dream beauty date, we don’t know what is. Sonic’s even planned out three easy party-ready looks for our imaginary night out, making our hearts beat faster in anticipation. Which one would you pick?
- Beautiful, glowing skin is the season’s top trend. To achieve this look, start with Strobe Cream to prep the skin and give it some major glow, and then use the Mineralize Moisture Foundation for an even, luminous and flawless finish.
- After that, add a touch of the Cremeblend Blush in a dusty rose shade like Brit Wit on the cheeks, and highlight the high planes of the face with the Extra Dimension Skinfinish powder in the shade Beaming Blush, a gleaming pinky-gold. The cream bush’s gorgeous, dewy finish really illuminates the skin, while the glowy highlight adds extra sheen.
- The rest of the look remains relatively simple in order for the skin to shine: For the eyes, add lots of mascara on curled lashes, and ensure the eyebrows are well groomed.
- To finish the look, slick on a rosy brown lipstick like Liptensity in Smoked Almond.
- Embrace bold lips, one of the season’s biggest trends. To keep the look modern, the rest of the makeup should be minimalistic.
- Prep the skin with concealer to cover blemishes wherever required, and lightly set it with powder.
- Subtly contour the face using Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Dark Deep.
- Use the Cream Colour Base in Shell, a shimmery pinky-beige, on the eyelids and lightly powder it. To accentuate the eye, brush Eye Shadow in the shade Embark or Swiss Chocolate in the crease and below the lower lashes.
- To finish the eyes, add lots of mascara and apply Technakohl in Graphblack all along the water line.
- Groom the brows using the Big Brow Pencil.
- For the lips, first apply Lip Conditioner to hydrate and moisturize. Then put on Liptensity lipstick in the rosy red shade Cordovan in the center of the lips, and precisely apply it all over the mouth. To intensify this further, use the Liptensity shade Double Fudge, a chocolatey brown, in the center of the lip. This will create a gorgeous, 3D ombré effect, with the darker brown shade at the centre bleeding into the red.
- Dramatic eyes are a party essential. Start by prepping the skin with the foundation that suits your complexion.
- For a subtle flush on the cheeks, sweep on Powder Blush in Blushbaby, a flushing beige-pink.
- Now get working on the eye. Start with Prep + Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base for a creaseless finish. Then, use a jet black kohl like Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline, on the upper lash line and smudge it with the Spellbinder eye shadow in Aphrodisiatic—a deep cobalt blue, creating a jeweled smoky effect. Repeat the same on the lower lash line.
- To add more depth to the eyes, add a touch of Eye Shadow in Carbon, a matt black on the outer corners of the eye.
- Curl the lashes and use several coats of Extended Play Lash mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Groom the eyebrows with the Big Brow Pencil.
- To finish the look, apply Liptensity lipstick in a peachy brown like Doe; shades of nude on lips paired with a dramatic eye is the perfect balancing act!
is a beauty and wellness editor based in New York. She was the former beauty editor at Vogue India and now serves as a contributing editor for the magazine. At age 5, Parizaad fell in love with an old cream blush she found in the back of her mother’s drawer, and has been in awe of the transformative power of beauty ever since. When she’s not writing about beauty, she researches advances in skincare as a hobby, and is constantly guinea-pigging herself in the name of beauty.
Stay in the know! Sign up to Luxe Letters