The adventure and spirit of safari for the rugged individual who lives his life without boundaries. Safari for Men is a subtle, yet sensuous blend of sparkling citrus, sophisticated Carribean spices & warm woody notes.
- Top notes : Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Herbaceous Notes.
- Middle notes : Cinnamon, Cloves, Lavender.
- Base notes : Vetiver, Sandalwood, Leather.
Ten Point Guide to Check Your Perfume is Genuine :
- The Price : If it’s too cheap or hugely discounted, there’s a high probability it’s a fake.
- The Place : Buy your favorite perfume only from authorized and licensed retailers who clearly state this.
- The Serial Number : Look for control numbers, batch number or the serial number. The serial number should match on the bottle and box.
- Quality of Package : Note its thickness, clarity and overall quality. Brittle or cloudy cellophane is a red flag.
- Spellings : An ‘authentic’ designer perfume box with a spelling mistake or print error is clearly a fake.
- Color : Genuine fragrances are never murky or cloudy. If there are sediments or particles in the bottle, it’s a fake.
- Container : Examine the quality of the fragrance bottle. Check for thickness, clarity, scratches, air bubbles or discoloration.
- Look at the bottle's cap : Check the color, shape and quality of the molding.
- Texture : Feel the fragrance between your fingers for excessive oiliness, a common sign of a fake perfume.
- Smell : Counterfeit fragrances are often made improperly. Normally, when perfume is attached to alcohol, it is placed in cans for few days to settle. Fakes often skip this step, so the composition is messy, flat and unpleasant.
Expiry Date : January 2018
All our products are far from expiry, and procured directly from the brand/authorized resellers of the brand.
By The Girl with the Blue Hat.
Ralph Lauren's Safari was one of those floral chypres that were classically formulated but wearable for the 90's just like Dior's Dune. I always recommend Safari for men because that's my favorite fragrance for men from the 90's which is still available today. The women's version is simpler, a combination fruity floral chypre. But everything in it is real. The aldehydes come at you first then there's the fruits, noticeable tangetes and oranges. In the floral accord, the jasmine and narcissus are noticeable. I see this as more of a white floral scent. The base notes of amber, sandalwood and oak are strong. I love how woodsy this is, and warm by the glow of amber. The patchouli note must be dead because this is not the heavy patchouli that the men's Safari has. Had the patchouli been stronger, combined with the woods that are already there, it would have been totally unisex. You know this is a woman's fragrance because it's more floral. I love narcissus and enjoy the difference!
Posted on 3/30/2016
Ask Nykaa (0)
Have a question on this product? Write a question and earn 100 reward points.
No questions yet. Ask and answer questions to earn 100 points (=Rs.1) each time!