The sensual side of the Yves Saint Laurent perfume masterpiece is less assertive in the Eau de Toilette, but only a little. The opulent, decadent character is immediately apparent from the immediate swoon of mandarin and bergamot notes, deepened by myrrh, jasmine and carnation. Amber unlocks the final note and the heart of the woman who wears it. In a chic Chinoiserie inspired flacon.
- Top notes : Mandarin, Bergamot and Lily of the Valley.
- Middle notes : Jasmine, Carnation and Myrrh
- Base notes : Vanilla, Amber, Opoponax and Patchouli
Ten Point Guide to Check Your Perfume is Genuine :
- The Price : If it’s too cheap or hugely discounted, there’s a high probability it’s a fake.
- The Place : Buy your favorite perfume only from authorized and licensed retailers who clearly state this.
- The Serial Number : Look for control numbers, batch number or the serial number. The serial number should match on the bottle and box.
- Quality of Package : Note its thickness, clarity and overall quality. Brittle or cloudy cellophane is a red flag.
- Spellings : An ‘authentic’ designer perfume box with a spelling mistake or print error is clearly a fake.
- Color : Genuine fragrances are never murky or cloudy. If there are sediments or particles in the bottle, it’s a fake.
- Container : Examine the quality of the fragrance bottle. Check for thickness, clarity, scratches, air bubbles or discoloration.
- Look at the bottle's cap : Check the color, shape and quality of the molding.
- Texture : Feel the fragrance between your fingers for excessive oiliness, a common sign of a fake perfume.
- Smell : Counterfeit fragrances are often made improperly. Normally, when perfume is attached to alcohol, it is placed in cans for few days to settle. Fakes often skip this step, so the composition is messy, flat and unpleasant.
By The Girl with the Blue Hat.
This is a sharp, take no prisoners opening. It lacks the strong smoke that it predecessor had. But it nonetheless pulls a strong punch. I don't think it changed much. Still strong. Still beautiful. Still a glory for those of us who are perfume Enthusiasts. I will keep wearing it because of it's dry down beauty!! And I'll keep getting compliments too! Give the new Opium a chance I say! Joyous! Took a couple times, but now I am addicted to this. Two spitz on my body, and I instantly smell an ancient eastern spice cabinet being opened. Reminds me of the eastern medicine market in Shanghai or a restaurant in Sichwan. I am fond of spicy and peppery food, so this is great. A close sniff of my own chest almost made me want to sneeze. Elevates my mood, perfect for a cold raining day like today.
Posted on 2/7/2016
Ask Nykaa (0)
Have a question on this product? Write a question and earn 100 reward points.
No questions yet. Ask and answer questions to earn 100 points (=Rs.1) each time!