I remember my first meeting with the Nykaa team. It was a rainy morning and there were ideas falling faster than raindrops on the window pane. And here we are, four years later, applauding the four fabulous, eventful years that have just whizzed by. Two hundred articles later, I decided to take a trip down memory lane, reminiscing about the beauty products that had me swooning. Scrolling through my rather long purchase history I’ve opted to list of four of my favorite items from each genre over the last four years.
1. L'Oreal Paris Base Magique 2. Bodyography Veil Foundation Primer 3. Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF 30 4. MUA Matte Perfect Complexion Balancing Primer
Think of them as lingerie for your skin. They smooth, flatter, conceal and hold things in place, so that everything you put on top of them looks instantly better. These are my four picks of the best primers to blur wrinkles, mattify, minimise pores and even out skin tone
1. Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse 16hr 2. L'oreal Paris Infallible 24H Powder Foundation 3. Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation 4. L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals
As a makeup student it was one of the most challenging tasks for me to get the right match for the right face type and skin tone. Typically makeup artists have more than one foundation in their kits. I’ve tried a “zillion” foundations thanks to Nykaa. These are my personal favorites.
1. Lakme Absolute Sculpt Matte Lipstick The Entire Collection 2. Kiehl's Limited Edition Valentine's Day Lip Balms 3. SUGAR It's A - Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick - 04 Coraline In The City 4. MUA Paint Box Lip Palette
Lipstick has always been a hot selling topic in the Beauty Book. I’m a junkie for lip products. But there are always a few go-to shades I invariably reach for at shoots or bridal makeovers. In fact, these top four shades always end up in the makeup pouches of my clients and friends.
1. Rimmel Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara 2. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Papillon Waterproof Mascara 3. Inglot False Lash Effect Mascara 4. Maybelline Volum Express Falsies Mascara
No eye makeup is complete without mascara. If there is one product I want every woman in the world to own before a lipstick it is mascara. I have tried and tested many mascaras but among the many that I love, these four are simply the best!
1. Natio Aromatherapy Instant Bronzer 2. MUA Luxe Bronzed Shimmer 3. Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro Blush, Bronze and Brighten 4. Freedom Bronzed Professional Pro
Being a hardcore traveller I love the sun and the sea. But not everyone gets the chance to bake and nurture a glowing tan. Bronzing is yet a new trend in India but Nykaa’s always been in stride with trends worldwide. When it was most needed by me for a fashion show Nykaa was the only place I could get some good quality branded bronzers, that too in different textures. Here are my four fave picks.
1. Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 2. Bodyography Gel Eye Liner 3. SUGAR Eye Told You So! Smudge Proof Eyeliner 4. Inglot Liquid Eyeliner
Eyeliners have always been a weakness. I remember playing with some great brands and textures while overseas. But it wasn’t always easy to get good brands here. I often landed up with low quality or fake liners. But all that changed when Nykaa came into being with the largest array of amazing liners. Here are my personal favorites.
1. Real Techniques Collector Edition Deluxe 2. Vega Foundation Brush (PB-17) 3. Makeup Revolution Pro Curve Contour 4. Kent TWELVE Complete Set of 12 Makeup Brushes
If there is one thing I am crazy about in my kit, it’s my brushes. I remember the day when there weren't many quality brushes available in India… so every time id travel I’d go grazy at a makeup store. It was a treat when KENT Brushes came online in India with nykaa. It was like a revolution followed by many others. It’s most difficult though to pick just 4 brushes I can’t live without….but these are at the top of my list.