It’s delightful to cosily nestle into your favourite duvet when it’s pouring cats and dogs outside. Wish our hair felt the same way. Humidity frizz is a downer but there are ways you can make your hair feel the EXACT SAME WAY during these lovely (but testing) rainy days. Scroll down and discover simple yet effective ways to maintain a healthy, dazzling mane this monsoon.
- Avoiding frizz starts the moment you’ve washed your hair. Rough drying wet hair causes cuticles to become rough and ragged, the perfect recipe for more frizz. Instead squeeze out water with an absorbent, old cotton T shirt.
- Build a solid friendship with a wide-toothed comb. Always keep one in your hand-bag, in case you have to deal with wet hair as you rush to make it for a meeting or late lunch. A wide-toothed comb will not only detangle your hair but also help distribute scalp oils evenly so that it frizzes up less.
- Don’t use old-fashioned serums; instead opt for a serum containing natural oils like Moroccanoil Treatment that has a more fluid texture and doesn’t weight hair down. It builds a thin resistant coating to protect hair from the effects of humidity.
- Avoid deep oil massages at any cost. Post oiling hair, one ends up using loads of shampoo to get rid of oiliness that dries out strands even more. Instead, lightly massage Dove Elixir Nourished Shine Hair Oil - Hibiscus & Argan Oil that gives you the benefit of overnight oiling in just 30 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo and conditioner enriched with natural ingredients like Neem, Amla, Ritha like Just Herbs 8 In 1 Root Nourishing Amla Neem that strengthens hair right from the root to the tip. Stay away from chemical laden shampoos and conditioners that make hair dry and frizzy.
- Immediately after your shampoo don’t blast your hair with a hairdryer. If you have long hair, swing it around to one side and hold the ends in one hand while you blow-dry the top, then do the same on the other side. Holding on to your will stop it from flying around and becoming frizzy. Once you’ve done that move your hand further up the length so that you can blow-dry the ends.
- Ladies, it is time to pay heed to the pearls of wisdom passed down by your grandmother—eat your way to beautiful hair! Include spinach, eggs and fish in your diet to keep your mane glossy and healthy.
- Finally, if your hair refuses to obey, just tie it up! If you’re planning an evening out, try a rope braid in the morning. Divide strands into two sections on the right and the left and twist in that direction each side. Then wrap them around each other and secure it at the end with a hair band. When you take it down at the end of the day, you’ll have a soft wave but no frizz!
SPOT IT. SHOP IT.
Comment below on which rainy day hair tip worked for you.