What makes Apple Cider Vinegar so popular? Well, legend states that the Egyptian ruler, Cleopatra took a shine to this woody flavored drink because it helped her maintain her enviable beauty. She is even believed to have dissolved a pearl in this drink each time she sipped it. Of course, we can’t really afford the pearl bit but we can definitely tuck into this versatile wonder that’s been trickling its way into the mainstream of skin care.
Here’s why you should consider making ACV your new BFF soon.
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Skin
- With a mildly acidic pH level that ranges between 2 and 3, ACV keeps your skin functioning optimally. If we lost you at pH value, here’s the good news, in other words: By controlling oil production and reducing acne-causing bacteria, vinegar acts as a natural toner that helps prevent breakouts. Yay!
- Thanks to the presence of malic acid, vinegar boasts of an exfoliating nature can help clear pores and destroy bacteria on acne-prone skin.
- Malic acid in vinegar has more to offer. It is known to reduce melanin production thereby, controlling hyperpigmentation on skin.
- The anti-bacterial properties of vinegar help eliminate blackheads and pave the way for clear skin.
- This one might not sound directly related but it plays a key role too. Drinking a glass of ACV just before your meal can help you feel full longer. This will keep you from leaning on junk foods that can be destructive (RE: unwelcomed zits) for your skin. So, a glass of this household potion does work at maintaining your skin at its best.
How To Apply Apple Cider Vinegar On Face
Step 1: In a bowl of water, add two drops of Apple Cider Vinegar to create a diluted solution.
Step 2: Add a drop of Lavender essential oil to the solution.
Step 3: Dip a clean cotton swab into the bowl and gently apply the solution on affected areas on your skin.
Step 4: After 5 minutes, rinse off with cold water.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Face
Whether you pick it from the kitchen or bathroom cabinet, Apple Cider vinegar promises to make an unmissable difference to your skin. Here’s a lowdown on a few products you can rely on for your skin treatment.
FAQs On Apple Cider Vinegar For Face
1. Recommend gummies or capsules of apple cider vinegar for skin problems.
If you are aware of the benefits of apple cider vinegar for skin but aren’t ready to apply it on your skin, you can try flavored ACV gummies. Although, before you consume these supplements, it’s important that you first consult with your nutritionist.
- Kapiva Ayurveda Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- Pure Nutrition Apple Cider Vinegar Plus
- Top Gummy Blackcurrant Flavour Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- Wellhouse Apple Cider Vinegar Dietary Supplement
2. Is it advisable to leave apple cider vinegar on face overnight? Suggest apple cider vinegar toner for face.
If you have sensitive skin, it is recommended you avoid leaving ACV on your skin for prolonged duration. It’s safer to apply it and rinse it off after a few minutes. Here are a few good toners.
- AromaMusk Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Face Mist Toner
- Stay Wild Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
- Neemli Naturals Glycolic & Apple Cider Vinegar Exfoliating Toner
3. Suggest best apple cider vinegar for skin.
- True Elements Apple Cider Vinegar With Cinnamon And Honey
- St.Botanica Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey - Natural With Goodness of Mother of Vinegar
- INLIFE Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother Vinegar
- Healthvit Apple Cider Vinegar
- WOW Life Science Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kapiva Ayurveda Apple Cider Vinegar