Did you know tea was discovered accidentally? Thanks to a Chinese emperor who paused to watch when leaves from a wild tree flew and descended in his pot of boiling water. After that, there was no turning back. Variations of tea were then prepared to serve different health purposes. Two of these popular variations include: Green tea and Black tea. From relieving stress to improving energy levels and strengthening immunity, the reported health benefits of both the teas are endless.
Here’s calling all the tea lovers to discover your perfect cuppa.
Green Tea Benefits
Here’s why Green tea has been given the official healthy thumbs up.
- Enriched with catechins or the cancer-fighting compounds, green tea can help prevent cardiovascular, gastric, pancreatic, bladder, and ovarian cancer.
- The main benefit of drinking green tea is the modest reduction in bad cholesterol with regular consumption.
- Catechins can help break down excess fat to reduce weight. Besides, green tea helps boost metabolism which eventually makes losing weight easier.
- It helps regulate glucose levels in blood to prevent insulin spikes thus, improving the health of diabetics.
How To Make Green Tea
- Boil a cup of water in a steel pot and allow it to simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat when you notice small bubbles.
- Now empty the water from the pot into a cup. Dip a green tea bag in the cup and allow it to infuse for 2 minutes. If you like your tea strong, let it sit for a longer duration.
- You can add a drop of honey to counteract the bitter flavor to an extent. Now lift the tea bag and stir the tea with a spoon. Enjoy your rejuvenating sip.
Nykaa Recommends: Saffola FITTIFY Gourmet Superfood Moringa Green Tea – Classic
There’s no better way to start your day than waking up to a morning cup of hot tea that leaves you feeling active and refreshed. Lipton Green Tea does this job pretty well with the infusion of Honey and Lemon to create a cup of calorie-free tea that bursts with a refreshing flavor. Oh, and give it some time before you watch it impart a hydrating glow to your face. We’re in love.
This organic drink comes with no frills attached. Packed with antioxidants, this Himalaya green tea promises to detoxify your stomach (and mind) while aiding weight loss. Apart from helping normalize blood pressure to boost cardiovascular health, this healthy beverage is also believed to treat gastrointestinal infections. And then of course, you can cool a used tea bag and pat it on your eyes as a quick pick-me-up for puffy eyes.
Nothing beats a hot cup of relaxing (quite literally) tea that pleases your taste buds while calming your senses. Fortified with a mildly-sedative effect, the Tea Treasure Calm Tea is all you need to unwind after a hectic day. Traditional herbs such as Shankhpushpi, Gotukola, Chamomile, Gulebnapsha and Echinacea come together to deliver a burst of tranquility in the midst of chaos. Talk about regaining your sani-tea at the end of the day.
Ah, finally a delight to find your favorite comfort food make to this list, innit? The higher the amount of cocoa solids in the chocolate, the higher the amount of iron and antioxidants in it. So we don’t mean anything less than 55% cocoa. Besides, the extra kick of copper and potassium in dark chocolate helps prevent cardiovascular ailments.
Indulge in a tea therapy that delivers a freshness reminiscent of the pure, brisk air of the Himalayas with the Dharmsala Tea Company Himalayan Green Tea Bags. The silky-bodied liquor has mild flavors of raw mango that linger on long after the last sip has been relished. Powered by antioxidants and catechins, it helps lower bad cholesterol, boost metabolism and improve concentration. So the next time you need to focus, take a pause and sip.
Benefits Of Black Tea
Here’s why Black tea has been given the official healthy thumbs up.
- Polyphenols found in black tea effectively destroy cavity-causing bacteria to hinder plaque and improve overall oral health.
- Just like its green counterpart, black tea is a heart-healthy beverage that helps lower the chances of cardiovascular illnesses.
- Tannins found in black tea alleviate gastric and intestinal illnesses while easing digestion.
- Black tea can help improve concentration, alertness and energy levels thanks to its caffeine and L-theanine content.
- The phytochemicals present in the tea strengthen bones thereby lowering the possibility of arthritis in regular drinkers.
How To Make Black Tea
- Boil a cup of water in a steel pot. Black tea needs hotter water so don’t hesitate to boil it a bit longer.
- In your tea cup add a tablespoon of black tea leaves or powder. Now empty the boiled water into the cup.
- Leave it to infuse for 2 minutes. Use a strainer to remove the leaves and filter the tea.
- You can add honey or sugar cubes to add taste. Enjoy your cuppa
Nykaa Recommends: Tea Treasure Darjeeling First Flush Black Tea
An ultimate starter pack with a smoky touch to help you hit the pause button when you need the most (almost always), this could be your new kadak chai. Notes of burnt wood are punctuated by subtle fruity undertones to drive away the exhaustion and instantly perk you up. To add to that, every sip is a heart-healthy way to boost metabolism backing your weight loss plan. Cheers to that!
Traditional black leaves get a sweet upgrade with a hint of chocolate in this version of black tea prepared specially for the chocoholic in you. After all, what better (and tempting) way to fight the inertia that keeps you confined to your couch? This bordering-on-bitter treat will rejuvenate your senses whilst spiking your dopamine levels.
If a punch of desi masala is your constant drug, then you would want to join this par-tea. It has a blend of handpicked spices and Ginger that works in synergy with the tea to strengthen your immunity. Cardamom aids in digestion, Cinnamon controls blood sugar, and Cloves fight infections. Oh, we’re still not done but never mind, you get the gist.
There’s no life problem that kadak chai can’t fix. Now that includes tummy troubles post a heavy meal too and how? A cup of the Assam Mukhwas Black Leaf Digestive Chai works as a perfect palate cleanser to ease digestion. The harmonious blend of spices like Cardamom, Cloves and Fennel infused with the aroma of rose petals gets the job done. Think of it as a warm cup of soothing post-meal treat.
So what if a vacay is not on the cards anytime soon, you can always enjoy a quick getaway to the rustic mountains in a cup. Tea Treasure Darjeeling Second Flush tea harbors summer-plucked tea leaves that diffuse an earthy and a more pronounced flavor with strong notes of awakening citrus. Oh, and while you sip from your dreamy cup, a bevy of heart-healthy antioxidants will protect your body against stress.
1. Suggest black tea for weight loss.
2. What are black tea side effects when consumed in excess?
Headache, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, restlessness, irregular heartbeat, tremors and nausea are a few side effects of drinking excess black tea.
3. Is weight loss a green tea benefit?
The presence of copious amounts of a certain antioxidant known as catechin is believed to burn fat and boost metabolism which is key to losing weight. So, green tea may be beneficial for weight loss.