Are eye creams really necessary? No. Unless of course you are done looking tired and sleep deprived. Moreover, it’s not like boozy nights and lack of sleep are doing your eyes any favor too. What we are trying to say is that your eye area is sensitive and needs dedicated care if you really want to perk up those peepers.
Thin and delicate with no underlying fat makes the eye area susceptible to the visible signs of ageing. This means it doesn’t take much for puffy bags, fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin to creep up around ‘em peepers. If you don’t wish to sign up for any of these, there’s still a way out. All you need is a creamy miracle to make your gaze look its best.
Why Use Eye Creams
- The skin around our eyes is fragile and the tiny muscles are also put through constant micro movements (courtesy: squints and eye rolls). A good eye cream does the job of plumping and pampering the under eye area which helps eliminate any traces of fatigue.
- The lack of oil glands in the under eye area makes it prone to dryness. If you’ve done your share of homework on skincare, you are probably aware that dry skin shrivels plump skin cells—thereby, resulting in premature wrinkles. Moisturizing eye creams keep the skin cells in the under eye area plumped and hydrated thus, preventing premature ageing.
- Staying up late nights while drowning yourself in caffeine and other such habits cause fluid buildup in the tissue around your eyes. The resulting swelling is the infamous puffiness. Eye creams are formulated with special ingredients to de-puff eyes.
- Prolonged sun exposure triggers the production of pigment causing melanin which surfaces dark circles. SPF infused creams help protect the sensitive under eye area from damaging sun rays.
- Eye creams contain collagen boosting ingredients like retinol which help smooth out fine lines under eyes and plump up skin.
- From stress to smoking, many factors are responsible for discoloration around the eyes. Ingredients like Vitamin C and Kojic Acid help brighten skin and reduce pigmentation.
Best Eye Creams
We’ve weeded through all the formulas in the market to bring you the best under eye creams that will help fix the fatigue around your eyes in no time.
No one talks about this but some of us are actually sensitive to AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid). Sebamed Anti Ageing Q10 Lifting Eye Cream Ph5.5 is an innovation born out of the need to support such sensitive skin with its efficacy dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested. The formula leans on natural lipid resources of Shea Butter, Avocado and Almond Oil to smooth the skin while providing protection against allergens. Natural Bisabolol soothes existing irritation while the active ingredient complex plumps up skin with moisture. Go ahead and slather it to perk up your peepers.
When it comes to your under eyes, all you need is a formula that soothes the skin as soon as you put it on. Biotique Bio Almond Soothing & Nourishing Eye Cream with its powerful blend of herbal ingredients helps smooth and nourish your under eye area. So what does it pack? It’s loaded with Almond extracts to improve complexion, Nutmeg to wake up dead skin cells, and Sunflower Seeds to prevent scarring and wrinkles. A few tiny dots below each of your peepers will rehydrate the area and diminish the obvious signs of ageing.
Deflate your early-morning under-eye bags with Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Radiance Night Revival Eye Cream. What does it do? It’s enabled with Opti-Vita Glow Complex which diminishes the appearance of dark circles and helps impart a radiant glow. Plus, it’s equipped with a massaging applicator tip which helps relax your eyes with every use. Infused with fast-acting Moroccan Argan Oil, it melts into skin to reenergize tired eyes and brighten under eye area.
Tired peepers making it difficult to ace your eye makeup? To the rescue: Mamaearth Under Eye Creme With Cucumber & Coffee For Puffy Eyes. You can thank its powerhouse ingredients list for fading dark circles, deflating eye bags and reducing puffiness. Caffeine extracts make skin firmer, White Lily extracts improve skin’s elasticity and Cucumber combats the signs of ageing. Make it a staple in your a.m. and p.m. skincare routine to give the under eye area some well deserving TLC.
You don’t know this yet but your eyes could do well with consistent use of this one for the same reason you need your morning cup of coffee. MCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Under Eye Cream refreshes dull under eye skin and helps rebuild collagen over time to achieve healthy complexion. Vitamin E helps recover from sun damage while Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and Sweet Almond Oil moisturizes skin. The best part? It’s lightweight and non-greasy so it wears perfectly well even under makeup.
If escaping the bags and circles is starting to seem inevitable, it’s time to invest in a hybrid formula with a host of effective ingredients. Dot & Key Antioxidant Illuminating Depuffing Eye Cream Concentrate packed with Rosehip Oil, Coffee Cherry, and Hyaluronic Acid chases away wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. Consistent use of this formula also helps correct sunken and shallow under eye skin while promoting skin regeneration. The result? A just-got-fillers effect sans the whole drama of needles.
Looking for more because simply eliminating puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles sounds basic to you? Enter: Olay Ultimate Eye Cream. It raises the standards of eye care treatment a notch higher with its powerful color-correcting formula, supercharged with peptides and vitamins that renews skin’s surface for improved appearance. Plus, it’s infused with anti-ageing ingredient which makes crow’s feet and fine lines under eyes a thing of the past. What’s not to love?
Give your eyes a break from the chemical loaded concealer and lean onto a lightweight damage repair formula infused with natural extracts like the Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream. The ingredients in this power-packed tiny tube help prevent fine lines, lighten dark circles, even skin tone and boost moisture levels to rebuild skin barrier and refresh sleepy eyes. Plus, this soothing cream will melt into your skin in seconds, so you can get on with your busy life.
FAQs On Best Eye Creams
1. What deficiency causes dark circles? Recommend best under eye cream for dark circles.
While tiredness, sun exposure and lack of sleep can also contribute to dark circles, certain nutritional deficiencies can encourage the formation of dark circles too. If your diet is low in iron, the eventuating iron deficiency can hamper the supply of oxygen to tissues in your body. As a result, the skin appears paler and your dark circles appear more pronounced.
Here are the best dark circle creams:
- Mamaearth Bye Dark Circles Eye Cream
- O3+ Eye Circle Under Eye Cream
2. Is cucumber good for eye bags?
Cucumber is known for its anti-inflammatory powers which helps tackling puffiness in the under eye area. Besides, the high water content in this vegetable rehydrates dry skin and soothes it. For best results, use cucumber slices that have been refrigerated for at least an hour. Chilled cucumber slices work more effectively at providing your eyes with a relaxing treatment while working as a traditional cold compressor.
3. What causes eye puffiness? Recommend best eye cream for puffy eyes.
Puffiness can be caused due to the accumulation of fluid in the under eye area which results in swelling. The fluid build-up can be caused because of wrong sleeping habits, excess intake of caffeine, etc. Also, as you age, the tissues around your eyes start to weaken. As a result, a small amount of fat is then shifted to your lower eyelids to support the eyes thereby making the eyes appear puffy.
Here are the best eye creams for puffiness:
- Mom & World Aloe Vera Under Eye Cream Roll On
- Aroma Magic Nourishes & Firms Under Eye Cream