Newbies or seasoned pros, nailing the perfect flick can always be intimidating. We are talking about the notoriously finicky yet revered eyeliners. Getting involved with an eyeliner means voluntarily signing up for the infinite loop of applying, scrutinizing, clearing and reapplying (cheers for the ones who made it — not all of them do).
Here’s some good news though: working with an eyeliner doesn’t have to be so tricky. All you have to do is pick an eyeliner that’s agreeable to both your hands and eyes. So, if you think applying eyeliner in a single stroke is undoable, scratch that thought!
Easiest Eyeliner Application Technique
The struggle with unsteady hands is real. Pro tip: If you still haven’t attained practiced flicks, sit down, take a deep breath and place your elbow on a steady surface before you start using an eyeliner. This will save you from avoidable goof-ups. Once this is taken care of, go ahead and learn to work your way with the eyeliner.
Step 1: Firstly, prep your eyes which includes cleansing and dabbing a bit of primer. This will smoothen the texture of your lids so that the eyeliner blends effortlessly.
Step 2: Now using smaller strokes, start tracing the upper lash line with your eyeliner. Ensure you don’t stray far from the lash line.
Step 3: When you reach the outer tip of your eye, gently lift the eyeliner to work toward the brow bone and release. This should create a slight angular tip.
Step 4: In this step, you can add a second coat to create a bolder and a more defined look. In case of any imperfections, carefully clean with a cotton bud.
Nykaa Recommends: Nykaa Black Magic Liquid Eyeliner
Thanks to the overwhelming plethora of options in eyeliners, the path to sassy eyes can get blurry. Here’s a quick guide on the main eyeliner types.
Come rain or shine, the best eyeliners outlast them all and allow to your eyes stay unaffectedly glam. Here’s a lowdown on the best in the market for ‘em peepers.
Tips For Good Eyeliner Application
- Do you have one of those store-offered loyalty cards that never seems to accumulate a decent number of points? Put it to some good use and get yourself some wings. Simply, hold the card at a desired angle from the outer tip of your eye and trace the eyeliner along its edge.
- If you are yet to ace the liner game, start out with small dots and slowly connect them to draw the perfect line.
- The sharpeners that come free with pencil liners are not meant to be abandoned. Regularly sharpen the pencil to avoid rough and uneven finish with flat-tipped pencils.
- Trouble drawing equally thick lines on both eyes? Instead of creating thicker lines in the start, begin with thin lines and then keep building up until both sides match.
- If you’ve got small eyes, focus the eyeliner on the outer corners of your eyes. This will keep them from appearing smaller.
- If you are newbie when it comes to using liquid eyeliner, a safe trick is to first line your eyes with a pencil and then go over it with the liquid eyeliner.
- You were planning for a sultry smoky eye look but ended up with dark circles. Sound familiar? The key to avoiding this mishap is lining very close to your lower lash line and then following it up with a tightly packed, thin smudge brush. This will keep the product from spreading too low.
FAQs on Eyeliners
1. Suggest best Indian eyeliners.
- Miss Claire Pearl Eyeliner
- Incolor Master Stroke Eyeliner
- NYX Professional Makeup Love Lust Disco Metallic Liquid Liner
- Lakme Eyeconic Liner Pen Fine Tip
2. Recommend best eyeliner brands.
Best eyeliner brands include Lakme, Maybelline New York, L’Oréal Paris, Colorbar.