Don’t you hate how your hair seems to be have a mind of its own, no matter how much you brush? Sure, the occasional trip to the salon can spare you that wayward look for at least a day or so. But, what if you could get salon-like hair with tamed flyaways and smoother strands anytime you want? Enter: hair straightener brush, the fail-proof way to detangled, smooth and straightened hair without much effort.
Wondering what’s the difference between a hair straightener and a hair straightener brush? We will tell you why you should consider switching to a hair straightener brush instead.
Why Opt For Hair Straightening Comb Over Straightener
- Unlike flat iron straighteners, hair straightening combs allow you to create a voluminous look. This works especially great if you don’t have much hair volume and want to create an illusion of one.
- Hair straightening brushes allow you to even detangle your hair besides straightening it. Think of it as a 2 in 1 fix where your hair is being brushed and smoothened at the same time.
- If you have used a heavy flat-iron straightener, you will know the struggle is real. Talk about getting smooth hair at the cost of sore arms. This doesn’t have to be the case if you are using straightener brushes which are much lighter and easier to use.
- The low heat level features and the quick temperature adjustments in hair straightener brushes, keep you from passing on too much heat (RE:damage) to your hair.
- You can expect faster results with least resistance when you use a hair straightening comb. As long as you take less amount of hair at a time, you can ensure even heat distribution and thereby, faster results.
- Unlike flat iron straighteners, electric hair straightening combs come with a reduced risk of accidental damage to your hair.
- If you are simply looking for a touch-up, you need not use the complicated straightener. All you need to do is rake your hair with a hair straightener comb and you are good to go. Yes, this can be your last-minute savior for a quick-fix before you head to that party.
How To Use A Hair Straightener Brush
Step 1: Ensure your hair is dry. Towel dry or blow dry your hair, if you’ve just washed your hair before you bring the straightener brush anywhere close to it.
Step 2: Before you begin, apply a heat protectant to your strands to keep your hair shielded from the high temperature treatment.
Step 3: Firstly, separate your hair into small sections with the help of hair clips. Now, switch on your hair straightener brush and set it to a low temperature, preferably.
Step 4: Holding a section of your hair in one hand, slowly run the straightener brush underneath your hair from root to tip. Repeat for all sections until you’ve covered your hair entirely.
Step 5: Switch off your brush and let it cool. Meanwhile for a finishing touch, apply some hairspray on your hair to ensure the style lasts through the day.
Best Hair Straightening Brushes
Here’s a lowdown on the best hair straightening brushes that will help style your hair minus the struggle.
Tips For Using Electric Hair Brush Straightener
- Before you reach out for your flattening brush, ensure that you’ve removed the knots with a regular comb.
- As much as possible, avoid using hair straightener brush immediately on wet hair as it could dry your strands and cause long-term damage. Allow your hair to dry before you straighten it.
- It is wiser to first begin at the lowest temperature setting and then increase the heat if required.
- Before you use a flattening brush on your hair, use a heat protectant spray.
- When using a heated straightening brush, gradually work your hair in sections, starting from the back and then moving towards the front.
- If you are not aiming for a flat look, hold the hair straightener brush under your hair with the bristles pointing upwards while combing. This will create more volume.
- You know you are picking the appropriate amount of hair for a section, if you can notice the tips of bristles through the hair. If the tips are not visible, you need to lower the amount of hair you are straightening at a time.
FAQs On Hair Straightening Comb
1. Recommend best straightening combs.
- Alan Truman AT- 200 Styling & Straightening Brush
- Vega X-Look Paddle Straightening Brush
- Philips Heated Straightening Brush With Thermoprotect Technology
- Agaro Hair Straightening Brush
2. What is the ionic technology that’s used in fast hair straightener brushes?
The ionic technology releases negative ions onto your tresses. These negative ions break down water molecules in your hair, to help hair dry faster. Besides, they eventually work at lowering the frizz and making your hair more manageable.