Just like our skin, our tresses too need some nourishment and attention, so they can look healthy rather than damaged. A good hair care regime can do wonders to bring back the volume and lustre to thinning hair. Good hair care does not necessarily warrant a salon visit and heart-wrenching bills. You can indulge in some scalp and hair therapy right at home by using just a few natural ingredients for hair growth; oh, and some time off your schedule.
Home Remedies For Hair Growth
1. Onion For Hair Growth
- Essentials: Chopped Onions, 1 cotton ball
- 1. Blend the chopped Onion pieces in a juicer to extract the juice.
- 2. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the onion juice.
- 3. Apply the juice onto the scalp and leave it on for at least 10 minutes.
- 4. Rinse off with a shampoo.
- Sulfur-rich Onions stimulate collagen production, which helps in hair regrowth
2. Olive Oil For Hair Growth
- Essentials: Virgin Olive Oil, warm water, cotton towel, 10 cloves of Garlic
- 1. Extract the juice from the garlic cloves and add to the olive oil.
- 2. Warm the olive oil mixture and gently massage the scalp with it in circular motions.
- 3. Soak the towel in warm water and after removing the excess, wrap it around your head.
- 4. Rinse your hair after 15 minutes.
The antioxidants present in olive oil is known to stimulate new hair growth while the oil works as a natural conditioner making your hair smoother. Raw garlic is packed with Vitamin C which boost hair growth and the selenium in it promotes blood circulation.
You can also try a simple Coconut milk massage on the scalp. Coconut milk for hair growth works wonders because of its natural vitamins and restorative properties.
Aroma Magic Olive Oil can be mixed with your regular hair oil and massaged onto scalp for deep conditioning.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Growth
- Essentials: Apple cider vinegar, bowl of water
- 1. Mix Apple Cider Vinegar with water to create a mixture.
- 2. After you wash hair with your regular shampoo, use this solution for the final rinse.
Apple Cider Vinegar cleanses the scalp and accelerates hair growth while maintaining its pH balance.
HealthVit Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Oil helps restore the natural pH balance of hair and scalp.
4. Aloe Vera For Hair Growth
- Essentials: Aloe Vera leaf
- 1. Peel the Aloe Vera leaf to extract the gel and collect it in a bowl.
- 2. Apply this gel onto your scalp with your hands.
- 3. Rinse your hair with a shampoo after 45 minutes.
Aloe Vera contains enzymes that stimulate your hair follicles while removing the dead cells from your scalp. The nutrients in it hydrate the scalp while keeping the hair texture smooth
5. Honey For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 1 tbsp pure Honey, 2 drops of regular shampoo
- 1. Mix the Honey with dollops of your regular shampoo.
- 2. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it on for 2 minutes.
- 3. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- 4. Finish off with a mild conditioner.
Honey contains antioxidants that eliminate free radicals that are harmful to the scalp. Moreover, honey strengthens the hair follicles owing to its hydrating and nourishing properties
6. Ginger For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 1 Ginger Root
- 1. Grate the Ginger piece.
- 2. Rub the grated Ginger on areas of scalp with scanty hair growth.
- 3. Rinse off hair after 20 minutes.
Ginger stimulates blood flow to the scalp. It contains oils and enzymes that protect the hair follicles strengthening the hair.
7. Coffee For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 1 tbsp coffee, 1 bowl water, regular shampoo, warm water, towel
- 1. Prepare fresh coffee and let it cool down.
- 2. Wash your hair with regular shampoo and remove the excess water with the help of a towel.
- 3. Ensure the coffee is not hot and pour it gently on the scalp.
- 4. Massage the scalp to let the coffee spread completely on the scalp and hair strands.
- 5. Wait for 20 minutes and then wash off your hair with lukewarm water. Do not towel dry the hair, let it dry naturally.
The caffeine in coffee works at cellular level to regulate hair growth by enhancing the required hair growth factors.
Coffee tends to stain the hair strands, so opt for this method only if you already have a dark hair colour.
8. Amla For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 2 tbsp Amla Juice, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1. Prepare a solution with Amla Juice and Lemon Juice.
- 2. Apply this solution onto your scalp while massaging it gently.
- 3. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
The antioxidants couples with Vitamin C promote hair growth while improving the colour and texture of hair.
9. Green Tea For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tbsp Green Tea powder or 1 Green Tea bag
- 1. Prepare Green Tea with the bag or powder in hot water.
- 2. Let it stay for 5 minutes till it becomes warm and ready.
- 3. Apply this warm Green Tea solution to your scalp.
- 4. Rinse off with cold or lukewarm water after an hour.
- The herbal properties and antioxidants of green tea boost hair growth while preventing any hair loss and damage. This herbal solution can be used to rinse hair with every hair wash. Using herbs for hair growth means you don’t have to worry about overdoing it.
You can also use the trusted age-old henna for hair growth that acts as a natural conditioner that aids hair growth.
10. Egg For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 1 cup hot water, 1 tbsp Honey, 1 Egg
- 1. Break the egg in a bowl and add the given proportion of Olive Oil and Honey to it.
- 2. Create a smooth paste by mixing the contents well.
- 3. Apply this paste to your hair and scalp and let it stay for at least 15 minutes.
- 4. Rinse with shampoo and a fragrant conditioner to escape the off smell of Egg.
Egg contains a high amount of protein along with zinc, iron, iodine and selenium. The natural fats provide the much needed nourishment to the hair follicles. The vitamins present in egg reduce hair fall while adding a lustrous shine. An egg mask is one of the fast hair growth remedies.
11. Fenugreek For Hair Growth
- Essentials: 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds, 1 bowl water
- 1. Soak few fenugreek seeds in a bowl of water overnight.
- 2. In the morning apply the water onto your scalp and hair.
- 3. Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Fenugreek nourishes the scalp and works as a natural conditioner. It triggers hair growth while keeping hair loss in control.
- HealthVit Fenugreek (Methi) Powder can be used to form a nourishing pack for the hair.
If you wish to keep the effort for hair growth on even while you are on the go, you can try convenient mudras for hair growth. One such mudra is the Prasanna mudra.
- Bring both your hands close to the chest with the corresponding fingernails facing each other.
- Rub the nails of the four fingers continuously for ten minutes while keeping your thumbs erect.
Following this mudra correctly facilitates the growth of lustrous hair.
Pick a few of these hair growth tips at home and create your own hair care regime. A few additions to your hair-care routine coupled with lifestyle changes can help reverse hair loss or promote hair growth with time.
The Section Where Your Lingering Questions are Finally Answered!
1. Is regular oiling a home remedy for fast hair growth
Regular oiling provides hair with the required hydration and nourishment. The heat in a hot oil massage promotes blood circulation which means proper supply of nutrients to hair follicles. Oil your hair at least once a week before hair wash.
2. Are tight hairstyles damaging to the hair?
Anything that’s overdone is harmful. As long as you don’t trouble your hair with tight hairstyles on a regular basis, you don’t have to worry. Persistent pulling of hair strands results in damaged hair follicles and causes hair to fall out because of unnatural causes. This localized hair loss is termed Traction Alopecia. To prevent such hair loss, prefer hairstyles that don’t strain the roots.
3. Is onion juice recommended as an effective hair growth remedy?
Onion juice contains sulfur which promotes thick hair and prevents hair loss. You can leave onion juice on your scalp for a while or overnight. Be ready to brace the pungent odor while welcoming the effective results.