The award for being a saving grace that powers your peepers from the bed to brunch look in no time goes to the humble kajal. This longtime beauty staple is unarguably every woman’s pick-me-up and why not? After all, it can turn up the drama to create standout eyes while being quite versatile. This means you can go from subtle wings to smoky eyes (RE: from work to club) in the blink of an eye. What’s not to love about the humble kohl?
How To Make Kajal At Home
If you wish to take the au naturale route and are wondering how to make kajal at home, we’ve got you covered.
What You Will Need: Sandalwood powder, Muslin cloth, Ghee, Almonds, Almond Oil, Match stick, Clay diya, Bowl, Fork, Spoon and Container.
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of Sandalwood powder and 2 tablespoons of water to form a paste.
- Now soak a clean Muslin cloth in the paste until it’s entirely covered with the paste and then leave it to dry out in the sun.
- Once dried, roll the cloth to form a wick.
- Place the cloth wick onto the pinched tip of the diya with a small part of it hanging outside. Then, fill the diya with 4 tablespoons of Ghee.
- Using a matchstick, light the wick.
- With the help of a fork, pick an almond and hold it right above the flame. At the same time, hold a spoon with its shallow part just above the almond.
- The almond will begin to burn in the flame, leaving residual soot in the spoon.
- Now, gently scrape out the soot from the spoon and collect it in the container.
- Keep adding drops of Almond Oil to the soot and mix until it achieves a thick and creamy consistency. Your homemade kajal is now ready to use.
How To Apply Kajal On Eyes
Kajal is notoriously finicky which is why it’s crucial to know how to work with it. So, here’s a quick guide on how to apply kajal.
Step 1: Firstly, prep your eyes. This includes cleansing and dabbing some primer around your eye area to ensure the kajal stays in place.
Step 2: Gently draw a line along the upper lash line starting from the inner corner of your eye till the outer corner.
Step 3: Now, slowly pull down your lower lid with the tip of your ring finger while looking up. Similarly, glide your kajal along the lower lash line and waterline.
Step 4: If you are aiming for a smoky look, lightly smudge the pigments upward, working it through the crease and toward the brow bone.
Nykaa Recommends: Nykaa Glamoreyes Colour Eye Pencil Kajal
Best Kajal For Eyes
Here’s a lowdown on the best kajal for eyes.
You know that sense of relief you feel when you finally find a kajal that doesn’t smear? Scratch that, you wouldn’t know unless you have used the The Colossal Kajal 24Hour Smudge Proof. The Intense Black Fix Formula with deep black mineral color promises a smudge proof application which means you CAN vouch on it to stay in its place. Plus, it’s infused with infused with the goodness of Aloe Vera and Vitamins.
Remember the last time you were caught in the rain with your beau? Everything seemed perfect except for when your kajal began to run down and you turned into a panda. Meet SUGAR Stroke Of Genius Heavy Duty Kohl. Rain or no rain, this high-performance genius won’t let you down thanks to its waterproof, wax-based formula that lasts upto 8 hours. Plus, it’s free of paraffin and preservatives.
If you’ve got oily skin, you will know what a blessing it can be to find a kajal that doesn’t smudge. The Lotus Make-Up Ecostay Kajal gives you just that. Its jet black formula promises a 10 hours+ stay even on the oiliest of lids. And, don’t even get us started on its texture. It comes with a soothing velvety texture which allows it to glide as smooth as butter. No, we haven’t forgotten the contact lens wearers in the house. This kajal is for you too. The preservative-free formula promises you an irritation-free experience.
Sometimes, it’s good to have wandering eyes. Especially if it’s for something that vows to stay by your side. Enter: Kay Beauty 24 Hour Kajal. Its super-pigmented and smudge proof formula is easy on the eyes while promising to outlast the hottest of your dates. On top of that, this best long lasting kajal comes with a slim twist up casing that ensures controlled usage to keep the tip from chipping off. P.S. In the interest of full disclosure, this beauty wand is so good, your only trouble will be getting it off.
Weary of treading the waterline when it comes to applying kajal? We get it, you’re probably dealing with a tear-prone waterline. Fret not, there’s one for you too. The IsaDora Inliner Kajal, specially formulated for the waterline is water-resistant. Add to that, this best kajal for waterline is also perfect for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Want in on more? It’s clinically tested and free of fragrance which makes this pick even better.
Let your eyes speak for you with the Vlcc Chotu Kajal With Liquorice & Camphor.
The intense pigments deliver a vivid black finish and give you lasting coverage without any trace of chemicals. Enriched with Liquorice and Camphor that soothe and relax the eyes, it glides like a dream. We’re still not done. It goes out of its way to do its bit in helping your eyes maintain good vision with the inclusion of herbal Triphala. Naturally, we’ve got our eyes on this one.
For those of us who don’t moonlight as makeup experts, nailing the smoky eye look can be tough. Of course, unless you’ve got the best kajal for smoky eyes that lets you create intensely smoky eyes in a jiffy. Concentrated with deep black pigments, this luscious formula offers a smooth finish and rich color payoff. What’s even more impressive? It promises a waterproof, matte formula that keeps your kohl from melting all over your face.
FAQs on Kajal
1. Recommend best kajal pencils.
2. Is kajal good for eyes? Suggest best kajal brands.
Kajal is a great way to instantly make a statement without taking much effort. Apart from that, herbal kajal is known to contribute to improving eye vision while working as a calming agent to relax tired eyes.
Nykaa Recommends: Lotus Make-Up Natural Kajal, Colorbar It`S A Scandal Kajal, Chambor Stay On + Waterproof Intense Kajal Smudge Proof Pencil, Faces Canada Magneteyes Kajal
3. Suggest some tricks on how to apply kajal for small eyes?
Here are a few tricks on how to apply kajal for small eyes and make them appear wider.
- Avoid creating thick lines as they will make your eyes seem smaller. Go for thinner lines across the lashes.
- To make your eyes appear bigger, go nude on the lower lash line rather than loading it up with jet black kajal.
- Smudge your kajal a little towards the outer edges to make your eyes appear eider.