The Section Where Your Lingering Doubts are Finally Answered!
1. What are some of the best oils for hair growth?
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Lavendar essential oil
- Coconut essential oil
- Amla essential oil
- Castor essential oil
2. How many times should one wash hair?
It is advised to not shampoo your hair more than twice a week as excessive shampooing strips your hair of its natural shine and moisture.
3. Does oiling hair help in hair growth?
Regular oiling of hair increases its density and strengthens the roots. Massaging your scalp with oil every week can help prevent hair loss and promote natural hair regrowth.
4. How to use castor oil for hair growth?
Castor oil is the best oil for hair growth. It keeps your hair moisturized and helps in better blood circulation to the scalp. Castor oil can be mixed with some another lighter oil to improve its thick density.
5. Does coconut oil make hair grow faster?
Coconut oil is a natural hair growth oil that contains vitamins and essential fatty acids that nourish the scalp and help to get rid of the sebum build-up from hair follicles. Regular application of coconut oil aids in faster hair gain.
6. Why isn’t my hair growing faster?
- Using heat styling tools, such as a straightener or a blow-dryer every day. Ensure you first use a hair protecting serum to reduce heat damage.
- Using products that aren’t suitable for your hair. If your hair doesn’t respond well to certain ingredients, avoid using products rich in these ingredients.
- Stressing the roots by opting for super tight hairstyles. Bobbles and bands tied too tightly may cause hair breakage and split ends.
- Tying wet or damp hair. Avoid pulling up hair that’s not yet dried completely as follicles are prone to damage when wet.
7. Does olive oil stimulate hair growth?
Olive oil contains omega-3 fatty acids which promote growth of voluminous and thicker hair. A drop of Olive oil on wet or dry hair can help control frizz and make the hair shine. It is a good source of antioxidants and improves the health of scalp. Massage Olive oil onto your scalp to stimulate the hair follicles to grow healthier and stronger strands of hair.
8. Should oil be applied to only the scalp or even the hair?
Depending on the product and its benefits, it is advisable to apply oil on the scalp or hair. Lighter oils, such as coconut oil can be applied along the hair strands. Heavy oils, such as castor oil can be applied only onto the scalp or the roots to stimulate hair growth. Ayurvedic oils for hair growth can be applied on the scalp.
9. How do hair oils work?
Cold-pressed natural oils nourish, strengthen, repair and smoothen hair. Certain oils protect hair against hot hair styling equipment or high temperatures, eliminate dandruff and work as UV filter. Oils can be massaged on the scalp and left overnight to let the nutrients be distributed evenly for improved hair texture and growth.