After experiencing the scorching heat of summer, the rainy season always feels like a blessing. It’s easy to lose yourself in the cooler temperatures and pleasantly overcast skies of the season. But the flipside is that the weather change can be tough on your skin. For starters, it takes a while for your skin to adjust to the sudden change in the weather. If ignored, your skin can lose its natural glow (which we don’t want, obviously). The increased humidity in the air can also trigger skin issues and make it dull. The only way to tackle this is to ensure that your morning skincare routine transitions smoothly with the changing seasons. If your skin tends to get particularly greasy during monsoon, then it’s important to have an appropriate skincare routine for oily skin that includes lightweight products. For those with dry skin, moisturizing adequately is essential as the weather can dry up your skin further.
To help you sail through the rainy season with ease, we’ve rounded natural skincare tips that you can follow at the comfort of your home, followed by a monsoon-friendly skincare routine for all skin types, and some popular FAQs on the subject. Keep reading for everything you need to know.
Skincare Tips For Monsoon
Here’s a list of tips to keep in mind while formulating your daily skincare routine for glowing skin in the monsoon:
1. Sunscreen Is Non-Negotiable
No matter what the season, skincare routine for men and women must include sunscreen. While sunscreen is extremely important during summer, it is equally essential to get through the rainy season too. Even on cloudy days, the sun’s UV rays can impact your skin. So, make sure to diligently apply a water-resistant sunscreen.
2. Keep It Clean
Washing your face 2 to 3 times a day is important throughout the year, but even more during monsoon when your skin is likely to accumulate excess dirt. The best skincare routine for dry skin during the monsoon season must include a soap-free cleanser so that it does not strip your skin of essential oils.
3. Exfoliate Generously
Exfoliating regularly during the monsoon season can help eliminate acne-causing germs and bacteria accumulating on your skin. Use a gentle scrub that suits your skin type.
Don’t let the humidity in the air convince you that you don’t need a moisturizer. Applying moisturizer is the most basic skincare routine step that you must stick to even if it’s pouring outside. You could also switch to a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer depending on skin type.
5. Less (Makeup) Is More
Applying heavy makeup during the monsoon can be a challenge, it may not last as long as you’d like. It can also block the pores on your skin, leading to breakouts and infections. Replace your full-coverage foundation with a lightweight CC cream and your lipsticks with tinted lip balms.
Dot & Key 72 HR Hydrating Probiotic Gel Face Moisturizer With Hyaluronic For Normal to Oily Skin
1. Which face wash is the best in the monsoon?
● Include any of the following face washes in your skincare routine for acne-prone skin:
- The Pilgrim Jeju Volcanic Lava Foaming Face Wash for Oily Acne-Prone Skin helps get rid of impurities resting in your pores as well as the surface of the skin.
- The NIVEA Women Face Wash for Acne Prone Skin, Milk Delights Turmeric will eliminate all acne-causing bacteria accumulating on your skin during the monsoon.
● Include any of the following face washes in your skincare routine for dry skin:
- The Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash For Dry Skin nourishes your skin with shea butter.
- The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser Water Gel with Hyaluronic Acid contains purified hyaluronic acid and glycerin that ensures maximum hydration.
● Include any of the following face washes in your skincare routine for combination skin:
- Use the Lotus Herbals WhiteGlow 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Skin Whitening Facial Foam as part of your daily skincare routine for glowing skin. It’s enriched with aloe vera extracts and milk enzymes.
- The Kama Ayurveda Mridul Soap Free Face Cleanser is made from herbs, pulses, and cereals that help gently exfoliate and cleanse your skin thoroughly.
2. How can we protect our skin during the monsoon?
Monsoon can be a challenging time for your skin. The increased humidity levels in the atmosphere can cause breakouts and other skin issues. The only way to protect your skin during the monsoon is by following a good daily skincare routine at home. A good skincare routine for men and women must include monsoon-friendly products that are suitable for your skin type. You must also religiously apply your sunscreen (even if you're indoors). It’s important to note that on cloudy days, the sun’s harmful rays can still impact your skin’s health.