Valentines Day is literally right around the corner. Luckily, I have the perfect Valentines Day ideas when it comes to makeup. Whether youre having an easy laid back night with the honey on the couch or getting all set for a date at a fine dining restaurant and need to rock your most poised appearance, I have three perfect (and quick) makeup tutorials for you. Inspired by the best loved ladies of Bollywood, here are three stunning looks that will work with wherever your guy is taking you on February 14.
Go casual with a pop of red like Deepika Padukone
One of the most classic, and in my opinion, best options of makeup is a blast of color on your lips. Its similar to the Marilyn Monroe appearance, and will make your lips ten times more kissable. Its the holiday for smooching, right? Weve spotted Dips sporting the ruby shade on numerous occasions. Maybe its the colour on her lips that keeps her man hot on her at all times.
Express Tutorial to Master DP's Look
- Nude shadow.
- Thin line of winged black eyeliner.
- Avoid bronzer but add a peak of pink blush.
- Rich hue of red on those lips, ladies!
- Add a little more glam into the look.
- Paint your nails the same tone of red.
Alia Bhatt's no slump and no snob makeup tricks
This is a fabulous look if youre heading to a dinner and movie kind of night with your man for Valentines Day. It isnt too basic because you want to look a little more glamorous than you do on a day-to-day basis, and it isnt too formal that will have you looking like youre ready for the club. Who better than the little diva of tinsel town Alia Bhatt to take tips from when it come to going plain Jane but with a twist.
Quick Tutorial and Tips to do the Trick
- Stick with neutral tones to deter the nightclub smoky eye look.
- Add some liner, making it wider at the outer corners of your eyes.
- Curl those lashes after youve put on a killer coat of mascara.
- Splash out with your favourite kind of lip gloss.
Smoky Eyes like Priyanka's a Must for Formal Dos
If you are wearing a cocktail dress, sparkling clutch and high heel stilettos for Valentine’s Day like Piggy Chops, chances are your boyfriend has planned something a little more formal for the both of you. Hey! Maybe the sparkle of your outfit will be over shadowed by the gift you’re going to get from the man you love. When it comes to your makeup for a formal night, the smoky eye is always a go-to. Celebs do it for the runway and red carpet, and us ‘normal’ people do it for Well, whenever we get the chance, right? It adds that elegant and rich appearance that often goes hand-in-hand with formal events.
Quick Tutorial and Tips to Get it Right
- Use darker shadows on the outer corners of your eyes.
- Thicken the liner towards the outer corners of your eyes.
- Apply mascara in sweeping strokes.
- Contour and highlight.
- Blend like a pro.
- Add a pop of white under your eyebrows to get a good contrast.
- Play around with different lip colors to ensure you look more like a beauty and not a beast!
By makeup artist Arshis Javeri (www.arshisjaveri.com)