We get it. When it comes to a wedding, there are a million other things (Re: Venue, trousseau, caterer etc.) on your mind. However, before you get a jump start on everything else, it's the bridal skin care regimen that needs your undivided attention. Because, whilst everything else will eventually fall into place, a radiant complexion will not happen overnight; not to mention, the pre-wedding stress that can add to your skin woes. The horror.
Fret not, girlies. To make sure that you attain that envious bridal glow, we have created a bridal skincare guide that is easy to follow and will get you the desired results.
All you have to do is follow these easy bridal tips for glowing skin. Get Cracking!
Understanding your skin first is the key to a beautiful bridal glow. If you suffer from major skin issues, you should be booking appointments with a dermatologist, as certain medications might take at least 12 weeks to take effect.
Laser Hair Removal Treatments To The Rescue:
Thinking about going for a permanent hair removal since a while now? Then this is the time to go for it. Since these treatments require a number of sittings (depending on the rate of hair growth), it’s appropriate to get started on this ASAP.
Water is the buzzword to attain to a picture-perfect complexion. If you haven’t been doing this already, start drinking at least three lts of water every day and you will notice a noticeable difference. You can also add some lime wedges, cucumber slices and mint to water and sip it throughout the day. Believe us when we say this: This will give you the most gorgeous bridal glow in a week.
According to Cosmetic Dermatologist Dr. Jaishree Sharad, there are several popular and safe skin brightening treatments for brides and grooms. Depending on the skin concern, the couple-to-be can opt for one or more of the following pre-bridal treatments.
1. Oxygen Therapy With Mesoporation
- Oxygen therapy is based on the principle that the body’s cells need oxygen to sustain life and vitality. During the procedure, the skin is refreshed with an oxygen jet that delivers concentrated oxygen with pressure on the skin.
- This enhances penetration, stimulating the skin cells’ metabolic processes. The cells remove metabolic products and dead, dull cells from the skin surface, making it look fresher.
- It’s like spraying the skin with a magic elixir of life. This is followed by the application of a skin brightening solution—a cocktail of vitamins, micronutrients, amino acids and antioxidants—on the face that penetrates into the deeper layers with a mesoporation device.
2. Restylane Vital/Mesolis
- Keeping the time gap between sessions in mind, it’s wise to meet your dermatologist at least three months—if not earlier—before the wedding.
- Immediately after the procedure the face may look a little bumpy and red at the injection sites with an occasional bruise. Therefore, it’s not advisable to have the last session close to the D Day. Make sure you have your last session at least ten days before the wedding.
- The back of the hands can also be treated for a plumper appearance. Some brides also have fillers on the upper chest if they plan on wearing dresses with plunging necklines. You can achieve longer lasting results with newer skin booster injections.
- The skin is injected with Hyaluronic Acid, a natural constituent of the skin that is lost with aging. Hyaluronic Acid binds and holds water in the skin, improving hydration and restoring a glow by naturally smoothening it from within. Multiple tiny injections are given in the skin after numbing it for 45 minutes to an hour to reduce discomfort.
3. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Also called the Vampire Face Lift, it’s a relatively new therapy. It’s called so because a small quantity of your own blood is removed and centrifuged to separate red cells from the plasma. It is then re-injected into the skin on your face.
- This platelet-rich plasma contains growth factors that stimulate skin regeneration. The procedure helps the skin regain its vitality and becomes more smooth and elastic. There is also an improvement in skin tone and color, and the best part is that there’s no risk of an allergic reactions.
1. Don’t Skimp On Your CTM Routine:
2. Cut Back The Caffeine And Alcohol:
3. Pay Special Attention To your Diet:
1. Don’t Forget Your Facial:
2. Opt For Full Body Scrub:
Looking out for the best homemade beauty tips for brides before marriage? Presenting some easy DIYs with the freshest of ingredients from your kitchen, that are easy to whip up—plus, super easy on the pocket as well. Here we list down some super effective home remedies for glowing skin for brides.
1. Oatmeal And Yoghurt Mask
- Mix 2 tbsp of instant Oatmeal with 2 tbsp of plain Yoghurt and 1 tbsp of Honey to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and massage using circular motions to scrub off deal cells.
2. Turmeric And Milk Pack
- Make a paste by mixing equal parts Turmeric Powder, Gram Flour with a little water or Milk.
3. Baking Soda And Olive Oil Face Mask
- Mix 1 tsp of Baking Soda with 1 tsp extra virgin Olive Oil and half a tsp of honey to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture on damp face and neck in circular motions.