Feel (and look) like a wet cat as you troop out of the plane? It doesn’t have to be this way. If youlike usare gearing up for holiday travels, here are some model approved tips to beat jet lag gracefully before it even begins.
Heres a list of few Jet Lag Remedies and the travel beauty essentials so as to keep your skin away from the effects of Jet Lag!!
- Set yourself up for a restful journey before you get on a plane. This means NOT pulling an all-nighter before you jet off.
- Eat a healthy meal at home so that you can skip the mush they serve on the flight. This way you can catch more zzzs as well while the others are fiddling with their cutlery.
- Travel with a soothing eye mask like L'Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti-Ox Grape Seed Hydrating Mask-In Eye Gel and comfy socks to keep you snug. And if you’re still finding it hard to sleep, take a slow release melatonin..
- Keep your travel makeup to a bare minimum. Moisturize well, with just a hint of Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color in Pink Plush to fake a healthy glow. The lightweight texture melts into skin and won’t budge.
- Think of your time up at 35,000 feet as an opportunity to treat your skin inside out, it requires a proper skin care routine.
- Since in-cabin air is so drying, slather on a rich moisturizer like Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream made with Antarcticine a Glycoprotein extracted from glacial microorganisms that protects skin from cold air, and Imperata Cylindrica, an Australian desert plant that has huge water retention properties in dry conditions.
- When you’re about to snooze off dab Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Eye Serum under eyes to reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark circles.
- And of course, drink tons of water when you’re awake to hydrate from within.
- Just as youre about to land whip out your mascarawe love Maybelline New York Falsies Push Up Drama Mascarafor instantly lifted, baby doll lashes. Use the convex side of the mascara wand to really press the formula into lashes for maximum volume.
- Get active the minute the plane wheels hit the ground. Resist the temptation to take a nap. Walk in a park, stroll along a beach or just walk down a busy street, anything to stay awake till bedtime. This way jet lag won’t even stand a chance! Modify your skin regime depending on the climate of your destination.
- What you eat is super important too. Traveling across time zones can throw your biological clock out of whack.
- A new Japanese study suggests that eating the right foods at the right time can help your biological clock get back on track faster. Prevent jet lag by eating protein-rich foods (meats, eggs and beans) at breakfast and carb-rich foods (spaghetti, whole grain bread or oatmeal) at dinner when you go eastward from your country, according to the study. When you go westward, reverse the order.
SPOT IT. SHOP IT.