Three looks to light up your face in a flash.
Nobody—especially the multitasking Nykaa girl—has the time to spend hours poring over a laborious beauty routine. For busy girls like you, quick beauty looks are just what you need when you’re pressed for time. Personally, I like to keep things simple without fussing about with too many products. The trick is to use multi-tasking products that make it easy to look beautiful! My mantra for a five minute beauty look is to conceal pigmentation and dullness, define the eyes and add a hint of healthy color to the cheeks and lips. Just that and boom, out the door!
Look 1: Rosy Glow
This look adds a fresh, rosy glow to the face and is best for days when you’re feeling tired and dull. The rosy tones lift the complexion and instantly fade away fatigue and dullness.
- Start by moisturizing your entire face and then use a concealer under the eyes, around the nose and mouth and any other areas that you think need extra coverage. Blend out the formula with your fingers.
Time saving tip: When you’re pressed for time, skip foundation and just apply concealer in areas that need coverage.
- Opt for a warm rose lipstick like the Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Rose on your pout. Then use your fingers to dot some of the formula on your cheeks and blend like a cream blush.
- Apply pressed powder like L'Oreal Infallible Pressed Powder all over the face to set the blush and concealer.
- Finally, line your eyeswith your favourite kohl (L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Le Kohl), curl your lashes and apply a coat of your favourite mascara! Done!
Look 2: Polished Work Chic
This polished look is ideal for work and college. In this look, I have kept the colors a little more subtle than the previous look by opting for peachy pink tones instead of rose ones.
- Start by moisturizing your skin. Then applyan easy spread base like the Lakme Complexion Care Cream - CC Creme all over your faceusing your fingers. Use a press powder like L'Oreal Infallible Pressed Powder to set the base.
- For the eyes, use a brown pencil liner to line the upper lash line. I love Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner in Earth Line (a gorgeous matte brown) as it’s subtle yet adds definition to eyes. Plus the formula is creamy and super long wearing!
Time saving tip: Avoid using liquid/gel eyeliners because they can be time consuming and need lots of practice to get right. Besides, pencils are super quick and easy to use!
Look 3: Girl next door (inspired by Alia Bhatt)
The girl-next door look is perfect for times you want to play up the eyes and keep the rest of your look super simple. It focuses on kohl lined eyes with a slight diffused smoky look and natural cheeks and lips.
- Moisturize your entire face and then use a concealer under the eyes, around the nose and mouth and any other areas where you need some coverage. Blend it out with your fingers. I’d like to recommend Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Concealer because it looks very natural and offers decent coverage. Set it with pressed powder.
- Then apply a pigmented long wearing kajal like Maybelline The Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Smudge Free - Black along the upper lash line and waterline, using your fingers or a cotton bud to softly smudge it out a little for a soft smoky look.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Finally use a natural shade of lipstick that suits your skin tone and dab a bit like a cream blush on cheeks and also apply on lips. Some recommendations: Lakme 9 To 5 Matte Lip Color, Shade Coffee Command, Toffee Nexus, or L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick, Shade Maple Mocha.
These are just a few examples of quick five minute looks. Don’t be afraid to experiment and come up with your own routine that work best for your skin tone and highlights your best features!
By AnkitaChaturvedi, beauty blogger and author of Corallista.com, a one stop destination for beauty reviews, looks and tutorials.