Such a sucker for flowers, you’ve been practically living your life in a garden? There are flowers on your sheets, on your socks, on your phone cover, on your coffee mug. Heck, you’re probably even wearing a fancy set of floral UGs as we speak!
Well, whether you are flower-obsessed or not, floral nail art def resonates with anybody who has nails to flaunt. We’ve handpicked five floral nail art trends that are doing the rounds and sprinkled them with a wee bit of flowers and tadaa… it’s a pretty bouquet on your talons, honey.
Let’s have a look at some pretty flower nail art designs to try on
The MinimalistIf your Pinterest pins and Instagram saves scream subtle, understated charm, say hello to fellow members of the minimalist club, which proudly stands for beauty that’s devoid of repeated underlining.
- Start by a good grooming sesh because there’s no hiding shabby nails behind this transparent mani.
- Then apply a cleat coat of polish, preferably the Jaquline USA Double Use Top & Base Coat.
- Dip the tip of a bobby pin in the glossiest black nailpaint and draw a creeper of leaves on your accent nail. In case you’re feeling too creative, do the same with your thumbnail too. We’re crushing on the Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer – Blackout.
- Add the final finishing touch with a second layer of the base coat. Who said floral was a buzzkill?
Floral Frenchie 101Tried hard but still can’t choose between two of your favorite manicures? Don’t. Mix up a bit of floral with the classiest mani that exists and there’s no looking away from those glorious nails.
- Start off with an even layer of the Nykaa Nail Care - Double Duty 2-in-1 Top & Base Coat.
- Carefully paint the tips a pearly white with Orly White Tips French Manicure Tip.
- For the accent nail, dip one end of a toothpick in white polish and draw tiny flowers right where the nail bed ends and the tip begins. To add a slight pop of color, dip the other end of the toothpick in Faces Splash Nail Enamel - Pink Flamenco and draw the centre of the flowers.
- Finish off with a protective swish of the top coat and show your subtle floral pinkies to the world.
Leaves Of Golden GlitterIn the limitless world of beauty, all that glitters is gold. If you can’t get enough of sparkle in your life and on your face, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. This floral nail art design looks classy and elegant.
- Step one is dipping your nails in a luscious coat of the Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer - Meet Me In Montreal.
- For the accent nail, go for a cooler hue so that the glitter stands out. We love the shade, Untamed Amsterdam from the same range.
- Using a fine-tipped nail art brush, neatly paint a golden leaf on the accent nail. In fact, the Nykaa Nail Enamel - 226 Golden Ticket does the job like a pro.
- Seal your art of work with a coat of the Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat. There you have it, your own glittering leaf!
Matte-icure Done RightMatte nails rose to the #1 position on every woman’s love list almost overnight. Add a bright punch of wildflowers to a neutral matte base and you got a portable canvas of abstract art and get this cute flower nail art done
- Prep your canvas with a well-applied layer of the Nykaa Matte Nail Enamel - Corny Creampuff.
- Using a palette of the poppiest shades from the same range and a mix of simple nail art tools, draw a vibrant bunch of wildflowers. Don’t go overboard with the flowers though, remember that less is more.
- Once you’re done, finish off with a shielding matte top coat like the Nykaa Nail Care - Matte Power Matte Top Coat.