We love how an eyeshadow palette can offer us a tiny spurt of creativity. Don’t you agree? There’s something about eye makeup palettes that tempt you to lift one and channelize the inner dormant artist in you. After all, when the end result can lift your spirits and make you look more glam and less meh, why not?
Whether you are a seasoned pro or a newbie looking to dip your toes, we’ve got something for everyone. From a selection of smokey to neon hues, we’ve rounded up the best affordable eyeshadow palettes organised by price range.
Best Eyeshadow Palettes
Here’s a lowdown on cheap eyeshadow palettes that will help you recreate those dreamy eye looks without burning a hole in your pocket. Ready?
1. Eyeshadow Palette Under 300
Prefer your colors on the vibrant side? Expect anything but boring from the Swiss Beauty Ulimate Shadow Palette - Shade 07 with velvety textured hues that can make your eyes instantly pop. Bold and saturated, these shades glide smoothly over the lids in a single stroke application. Disclaimer: You’ll come up with excuses to try each of those pretty hues at least once. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
When you can have both matte and shimmer, why settle for one? Miss Claire Makeup Studio Eyeshadow Palette – 4 packed with daily shades ranging from neutral to warm hues promises an intense color pay off. Each shade blends easily sans any chalky residues so you can create a variety of looks without worrying about the finish. The best bit? This palette boasts of a mix of colors that can work well from desk to drinks.
If warm, neutral shades are your jam, you will love the L.A. Colors 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette – Traditional loaded with a mix of color coordinating shades. Think of it as a great addition to your makeup kit, if you are looking for wearable hues that can be combined for occasional bolder experiments. Wait, we haven’t told you the best part yet: This palette comes with a dual-ended sponge tip applicator so, you don’t need to buy one separately.
2. Eyeshadow Palette Under 500
If blacks, greys and bronzers are absolutes in your eye makeup the Nykaa Eyes On Me! 10-in-1 Eyeshadow Palette - Smokey at 8! would be right up your street. Smoke things up with these easy to blend hues that easily last for up to 10 hours. Think sultry smokey eyes with highly saturated pigments that last longer than your cocktail hours.
Buttery smooth nude hues packed in a palette that can be easily tossed in a bag? Yes, please. Faces Canada Magneteyes Eyeshadow Palette - Nude Strokes 01 houses 6 richly pigmented powder colors for your everyday subtle look. Oh and you don’t have to worry about creases and cracks thanks to its impressive formula. Did we also tell you about the cute applicator included inside?
If regular colors leave you yawning, allow us to introduce you to your new BFF: Nicka k Pop Neon Nine Color Palette - Lucky Charm. The mix of vibrant mattes and icy shimmery colors gives you room to get creative whether it’s a daytime look or a dramatic look you’ve got your eyes on. Soft and velvety, the super-rich pigmented colors are here to make your eye makeup experiments easier and fun. Yay.
3. Eyeshadow Palette Under 1000
Still dreaming of a sun kissed dewy makeup look? A perfect little palette with choices of peach, bronze and gold like the Nykaa Eyes On Me! 10-in-1 Eyeshadow Palette - Sundowner Stunner is all you need. The rich color payoff dials up the sheen intensity to create the enviable soft evening glow. Even better? You don’t have to bother about frequent touch ups because the pigments stay in place for a good 10 hours. Impressive, right?
Not all nude palettes contain colors suited for Indian complexion and then there is the Lakme Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette - Nude Beach. Specially crafted by experts for Indian skin, this range houses 6 versatile shades with high intensity powders that blend beautifully. The reflective shimmer finish lends a glamorous finishing touch. In other words, snag this palette for a statement eye.
Don’t you hate it when the colors on your lids fade or smudge by the P.M. with no consideration whatsoever for all the effort you put in the A.M.? Revlon Colorstay Eye Palette - Vibrant Hues with its long-lasting and rich formula won’t let you down. The longwearing colors blend beautifully in one stroke to create looks ranging from subtle day time to bold night time. Bonus points for the ophthalmologist tested and non-irritating colors in the palette.
FAQs On Best Eyeshadow Palettes
1. How do I choose an eyeshadow palette?
It helps to first keep in mind your budget. There are multitude of options from eyeshadow palettes under 200 to eyeshadow palettes under 500 and even beyond.
Once you are clear on the price range, consider the following points:
- Texture: Satin, matte, shimmer, metallic, cream and mineral are the main textures of eyeshadows available. For example, matte means no sparkle or illuminating pigments while creamy formulations well suited for dry skin stay longer on the lids and are easy to glide.
- Type: Powder, cream, liquid, loose powder, stick or crayon, and baked are the main types of eyeshadows. Depending on your familiarity with eye makeup, you can choose a type. For example, the stick or crayon eyeshadow is perfect for a beginner whereas you can go for loose powder pigments if you are well-versed with the application techniques.
- Quality: Don’t get tempted by a palette that offers plenty of color choices. It’s important to choose an eyeshadow palette that offers quality even if it means limited color choices. After all, it helps to have colors that are long-lasting, highly pigmented, super-blendable and smudge-proof.
- Colors: Your skin tone and eye color can be the major deciding factors for the combination of colors you should be looking for in a palette. For example, earthy colors suit fair skin tones whereas colors like bronze or gold are perfect for those with warmer skin tones. Similarly, if you’ve blue eyes, opt for purple hues and if you have black eyes, warm browns are safer choices.
On that note, it’s not possible to use the entire palette always. There will be colors that you use often and colors that you don’t use at all. When looking for an affordable eyeshadow palette, buy a palette from which you would use at least 80% of the shades. Also, keep in mind the occasion you are buying the palette for. For example, nude hues are perfect for daily work wear whereas bold, shimmery hues are ideal for party wear.
2. How many eyeshadow palettes do you need?
If you are regular when it comes to eye makeup, you might need to stock up on at least 3 eyeshadow palettes. If you indulge in eye makeup just once in a while on occasions, you can stick to a basic eyeshadow palette that offers a good mix of colors and textures as well.
3. Recommend best eyeshadow palettes under 100 and 150.
You can get good quality individual colors that can work as your go-to eyeshadow in that range. Here’s a lowdown on a few:
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single
- Miss Claire Single Eyeshadow
- Incolor Exposed 5D Wet Eyeshadow