Frizzy hair is a cry for help. The parched strands have long forgotten what moisture feels like and could do with a kick of hydration. Sure, the occasional hair mask treatments can help pump moisture back into hair but, at the end of the day it helps to have a good shampoo by your side. It should be a nourishing formula that does the job of gentle cleansing while giving that major dose of moisture.
Wondering, where would you find such a hydrating hero? Well, you can leave that to us. Scroll on to read our homework on gathering the best shampoos for frizzy hair.
Best Shampoos For Frizzy Hair
We have rounded up the best Indian shampoos for frizzy hair. Go ahead and find your pick.
It’s no secret that Onion invigorates scalp and promotes keratin production for a denser mane. Did you however know that Fenugreek which contains a major dose of Lecithin deeply hydrates and nourishes hair for that frizz-free bounce? Nykaa Naturals Onion & Fenugreek Hair Growth Shampoo harnesses the power of both these ingredients to create an impressive formula that leaves your hair smooth and happy. Yes, we’re talking about fluffy hair with lesser flyaways.
Fizziness and dryness go hand in hand which is why it helps to load up on moisture if you are looking to tackle either. Brillare Science Shampoo Heavy Moisturising packed with Wheat Protein (to restore depleted hair protein), and Avocado pulp (to offer long-lasting hydration) helps achieve manageable hair. The hydrating ingredients in this best shampoo for dry and frizzy hair make your tresses look smoother and healthier without weighing it down.
Isn’t oil the number one solution to healing dry, damaged and frizzy hair? This explains why L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Shampoo infuses the powers of this holy grail to tame unruly hair and give it that added shine. This lightweight formula is made with the fusion of Argan Oil and Myrrh Extract, the latter of which is known to help repair and preserve hair fiber. Can we also please talk about its classy packaging? We’re obsessed.
Breathe life into dull strands with a hydrating formula like the Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Hyaluronic Moisture Kick Micellar Shampoo. This silicone-free formula gently cleanses the scalp, whilst providing and binding moisture to dehydrated hair. Whether your hair type is normal or curly, you won’t be disappointed by this cruelty-free shampoo for dry and frizzy hair.
If tall claims and exciting exteriors don’t excite you, go for the tried-and-tested Sebamed Anti-Dry Revitalizing Shampoo Ph5.5. Pea Protein combined with Soy Protein and Guar Seed smooth and regenerate structure of the hair while relieving dry scalp. The pH value of this anti frizz shampoo helps strengthen the barrier function of the acid mantle which means your hair will be dry a lot lesser. The best part? It’s 100% soap and alkali free which rules out dryness and itchiness due to the product.
If you are serious about your mane returning to its former silky glory, opt for Aveda Nutriplenish Deep Moisture Shampoo. This lightweight formula is fortified with Mango Butter (to nourish dry strands), Coconut Oil (to easily penetrate hair and replenish moisture), and Pomegranate Oil (to lend shine). The Oat Extracts give the formula that delicious, creamy feel which glides easily to gently cleanse hair without stripping. Plus, it’s free from parabens.
To smooth the flyaways you need a shampoo that packs a moisturizing punch. Enter: Mamaearth Argan & Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo For Frizz Free & Strong Hair. The specialized blend of Argan Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Vitamin E addresses split ends, and dry and brittle hair. This toxin-free cleanser gently cleanses the scalp while also nourishing it. Even better? It’s safe to use on colored or chemically treated hair.
Who said you can’t have more good hair days than bad hair days? Meet: O3+ Damage Remedy Hair Shampoo. Formulated to undo the damage on your hair caused by everything from environmental aggressors to heat styling tools, this one deep cleanses the scalp and strengthens hair follicles. The potent concoction of Oats, Pea, Rosemary, Argan Oil and organic leaves restores moisture a.k.a. life to dull, brittle strands, all in one swoop. Yes, you can start dreaming of soft, shiny hair.
If herbal ingredients are your jam, allow us to introduce you to this cute little shampoo. Godsend for dry and damaged hair, Just Herbs Silky Strength Aloevera-Wheatgerm Moisturising Shampoo cleanses and moisturizes the hair without stripping it off its natural oils. The blend of Aloe Vera and Wheat Germ work at strengthening the follicles to prevent hair fall and encourage thick hair growth. Oh and thanks to its convenient packaging, you can toss it in your travel bag for a good hair day.
Frizzy hair usually also tends to lack lustre. Matrix Biolage Smoothproof Smoothing Shampoo with its double-pronged approach combats flyaways while also restoring shine to dull hair. Impressive work aside, it’s made with ingredients that won’t weight your hair down. The potent combination of Avocado, Grapeseed Oil and Camellia Serum helps control dry hair and make it more manageable. This means, it doesn’t have to be a wrestling contest each time you comb your tresses.
Tips To Reduce Fizziness
- At the risk of sounding like your mother, we’re going to ask, “Are you oiling your hair enough?” If the answer is a meek no, you should know the key to combating frizz is keeping it well-oiled and nourished. Weekly champi sessions with an oil like Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment Oil
can make your hair more manageable.
- If you still sleep on the same ‘ol cotton pillow, it’s time to swap it with a satin or silk pillowcase. The friction caused when you hair comes in contact with the cotton cloth can make your hair frizzy when you wake up in the morning. The smooth fabric of a silk pillowcase will cut down on the frizz and help retain your hair’s natural moisture.
- Think of heat and frizz as BFFs. If you invite heat, frizz shows up too. This is your cue to cut down on the number of times you lean on to blow dryers and straighteners for styling your hair. The high heat can strip hair of its natural oils and moisture to leave it damaged and frizzy.
- Shampoo is primarily meant to be used as a scalp cleanser. It gets rid of the excess oils, dirt, grime and residues on your scalp and hair. Using too much shampoo can dry out your hair and make it prone to fizziness. For a complete hair wash, it’s essential to follow up the shampoo with a hydrating conditioner.
- If you have limited time for morning styling sessions and want the flyaways to disappear, coat your hair with a serum like L'oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited Primrose Oil. This will make your hair smooth and manageable for the day.
- As much as a hot water shower feels comforting, your hair won’t particularly react well to it. Wash your hair with lukewarm or cold water if you don’t want to add to the dryness. Also, after wash, remember to pat dry your hair with a soft cloth rather than twist or rub with a friction-causing rough towel. These small changes can really help improve the texture of your hair.