Aloe there! Just like that, you will find aloe vera listed in most of the products from moisturizers to toners, and for a good reason. The key to your skin’s happiness is keeping it hydrated and aloe with its water content ranging from 98.5% to 99.5% does an exceptional job at that. Known for its reputation as a cure-all ingredient, this electric-green plant is one of the few staples in your grammy’s beauty cabinet that have made it across all generations. What we are saying is this: The ‘plant of immortality’ is here to top the list of beauty essentials.
If you are yet to figure everyone’s obsession with these succulent leaves, read on and you will know why.
Aloe Vera Benefits
Here’s a lowdown on the benefits of aloe vera for skin.
- So you abandoned your sunscreen at the beach and now you’ve got a bad sunburn? Aloe to the rescue. Aloe vera gel contains aloin, an anti-inflammatory compound chock-full of antioxidants that helps sunburned skin heal faster. It can work great for first- and second-degree burns.
- Dark spots are notorious for appearing unannounced. These stubborn marks which are usually an offshoot of acne, sun exposure or natural aging process can be made to gradually fade away with regular application of aloe vera.
- This one needs no saying. Aloe vera is the best natural moisturizer you can get your hands on because it helps hydrate skin and lock in moisture to treat dryness.
- Ever tried using aloe vera for acne? If you haven’t, you should. Thanks to its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera makes for an ideal natural ingredient to supplement your acne medications. It helps calm inflamed skin, prevent breakouts and treat acne faster.
- You can’t avoid fine lines and wrinkles but you surely can put them off to an extent and how? The compounds in aloe vera stimulate the production of collagen and elastin fibers that help skin stay supple and firm. In other words, it restores skin’s elasticity and reduces fine lines.
- If you’ve got a wound, simply take the pulp of an aloe leaf and gently heat it over flames until warm before rubbing it on the affected area. The compounds in this leaf aid cell regeneration and help wounds heal faster.
Aloe Vera Gel Application
If you want to take the at-home route, you can simply slice an aloe leaf at its base and drain it of its yellow-brown sap before use. Here’s how to use aloe vera for face.
Step 1: Using a knife, peel the outer layer of the leaf and scoop out the gel into a cup with the help of a spoon.
Step 2: Blend the aloe gel in a blender until it achieves a thick, even consistency.
Step 3: Add 2 tablespoons of Honey to the aloe juice and stir well.
Step 4: Gently massage this mixture on face and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Step 5: Rinse off with cold water.
If you listen close enough, you’ll hear your skin thank you for the hydration boost!
Best Aloe Vera Gel Products
We’ve rounded up a list of promising skin care products that had us at aloe. Here’s a scoop.
FAQs On Aloe Vera For Skin
1. Recommend aloe vera juice for skin.
- Akiva Love Aloevera Skin Glow Ready To Drink Ayurvedic Juice
- Jiva Ayurveda Aloe Vera Juice
- GNC AloeVera Juice Unflavoured Liquid
- Krishna's Premium Aloe Vera High Fiber
- Nourish Vitals Pure Aloe Vera Drinking Gel Juice
2. What are aloe vera soap benefits? Suggest good aloe vera soaps for body.
Regular use of an aloe vera soap treats dryness and keeps your skin conditioned. Aloe vera soap maintains moisture balance with its generous dose of hydration and calms irritated skin.
Nykaa Recommends: Pears Naturale Aloe Vera Detoxifying Soap Bar, Lever Ayush Cool & Fresh Aloe Vera Soap, Vaadi Herbals Breezy Aloe Vera Soap Soft Skin Therapy, Orgera Sulfate Free Glycerin Sugar Handmade Soap Aloevera