Want in on the secret to better-looking skin? Well it’s none other than *cue drum roll* the supercharged vitamin C. The truth: Since very little vitamin C makes it to the skin through our diet, we need to apply this topically for best results.
Once you get around to adding this antioxidant to your skincare regime there’s no going back. After all, it can be instrumental in ensuring plumper and firmer complexion all year round. A key component in many dermatologist recommended treatments, this buzzy elixir alleviates inflammation, amplifies complexion and delays ageing. What more does one want?
Benefits Of Vitamin C Serum
- Touted as the best anti-ageing ingredient, vitamin C bolsters collagen production. Here’s why it’s important: As you age, the levels of collagen (a naturally occurring protein) drops over time. Lesser collagen is basically a red carpet invite for premature ageing in the form of wrinkles and fine lines. So, if you’re not ready to welcome wrinkles yet, Vitamin C is your best bet.
- A powerful antioxidant, it neutralizes free radicals caused by pollution and UV rays which can otherwise cause significant damage to skin.
- If you still think wounds take forever to heal, you are definitely new to this. Vitamin C, because of its key role in collagen synthesis, speeds up wound healing and lowers the possibility of scars.
- Vitamin C helps alleviate pigmentation and discoloration. By strengthening blood vessels, boosting blood circulation and minimizing the formation of excess melanin, it also improves the overall skin tone. This means a radiant complexion with diminished dark spots and dark circles. Impressive, huh?
How To Use Vitamin C Serum
You’re going to want to use Vitamin C serum in the morning before you step out rather than night as this magical potion scavenges free radicals from pollution and UV rays. For optimal results, make it an indispensable part of your a.m. skin care routine.
Also, how you store your Vitamin C serum can determine its efficacy. Why? Vitamin C in its pure form is sensitive to light and air; when exposed to either for prolonged duration, it can get oxidized and become less effective. So, store it in an opaque and airtight container away from windows or sunlight. On that note, if you’ve observed a change in color in your existing Vitamin C serum, it’s time to replace it.
How To Apply Vitamin C Serum
Once you’ve got the fundamentals right to get the most out of your serum, you can have a quick peek at the right way to apply it.
Step 1: Cleanse your face as usual.
Step 2: Pat some alcohol-free toner on your face.
Step 3: Now, squeeze a drop or two of Vitamin C serum and apply it on your face. Dab the excess product on your décolletage. It’s important to give the serum time to absorb into your skin before stepping outside.
Step 4: Follow it up with a layer of sunscreen and continue with your makeup.
Best Vitamin C Serum
We’ve rounded up the best vitamin C serums for face to add to your skin care routine STAT.
FAQs On Best Vitamin C Serum For Face
1. What does hyperpigmentation happen? Recommend best vitamin C serums for hyperpigmentation.
When the production of pigment-causing melanin shoots up, it results in hyperpigmentation. Hormonal fluctuations, sun exposure, environmental aggressors, age, injuries and many other factors can trigger the excess production of melanin.
Here’s a lowdown on best vitamin C serums recommended by dermatologist for hyperpigmentation.
- Vedic Line Skin Masters Vitamin C Serum 20%
- Oriental Botanics Nature's Vitamin C Brightening Face Serum
2. How to cure pimples overnight?
Yes, in fact using Vitamin C twice every day can help you get faster results. However, if you choose to apply it once then ensure you apply it in the morning before you head outside. Ideally cleanse and tone your face before applying the serum on your face. When using Vitamin C serum, avoid Niacinamide infused skin treatment as it could interfere with the optimal functioning of the serum.
Here’s a lowdown on the best creams to cure pimples.
3. Is vitamin C serum good for oily skin? Recommend best vitamin C serum for oily skin.
Since Vitamin C serum works great at alleviating inflammation, clearing skin and healing acne, it’s especially great for oily skin. While significantly improving skin texture and luminosity, it also helps reduce breakouts in oily skin.
Here’s a lowdown on the best vitamin C serums for oily skin: