FAQs on Hand Sanitizers
1. In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, do hand sanitizers lower the chances of getting infected by the virus
Given the ongoing pandemic, the safest way to escape the virus is frequently washing your hands with soap and water. Since that might not be possible all the time, rubbing your hands with a good sanitizer is a convenient resort.
The virus is known to spread via droplets. If you accidentally encounter these droplets with your hands and then touch your face, you could infect yourself with the virus. This infection can be avoided if you wash or sanitize your hands to ensure they’re clean all the time. So yes, regularly using a sanitizer can lower the chances of getting infected by the virus.
The best hair colors for Indian skin tone are shades of brown, red and burgundy. Although it’s been a crowd-puller for years, we’d recommend you avoid the golden hair shade if you have pale skin. An easy recipe for disaster, just saying.
2. What should be the required percentage of alcohol content in hand sanitizers?
It is essential for a hand sanitizer to have at least 60% alcohol content to be effective at killing germs and viruses. A sanitizer with less than 60% alcohol may not be as effective at keeping your hands germ-free.
3. Should hand sanitizers be avoided by people with eczema?
People with eczema should stick to washing hands with soap and water as hand sanitizers, especially alcohol-based hand rubs could be harsh on your skin. Choose to go with gentle sanitizers and follow it up with a moisturizing cream.
4. How to make hand sanitizers that smell good?
Essential oils, with their pleasant fragrances, are your best bet at aromatic DIY hand sanitizers. To help you decide your pick, here are a few essential oils and the fragrances they lend.
- Rosemary essential oil – strong mint-like scent
- Lavender essential oil – sweet floral scent
- Lemongrass essential oil – fresh citrusy scent
- Tea tree essential oil – spicy camphor scent
Nykaa Recommends: WOW Skin Science Rosemary Essential Oil, Aroma Magic Lavender Aromatherapy Essential Oil, Avnii Organics Natural Lemon Grass Essential Oil, WOW Skin Science Tea Tree Essential Oil