If you are reading this, you know what pimples are and realize they are not the good heroes that need to survive the entire movie. Blame it on the sebaceous glands that enter workaholic mode to produce excessive sebum, which when clumped together with dead skin cells, promote breakouts. To add to that, hormonal fluctuations during puberty further aggravate this process. You are here trying to scan for instant and effective pimple tips because you have probably had enough.
Controlling the internal process might be a bit out of league, so lets focus on home remedies to remove pimples. A diligent approach to applying home remedies for pimples can make a gradual impact in achieving clear skin.
How To Remove Pimples At Home
Following simple pimple treatments at home can go a long way in improving your skin. We have listed down a few home remedies for pimples so you can successfully battle those ugly breakouts over the weekends.
Neem and Rose Water
- Technique: Take some fresh neem leaves and grind them to form a thick paste. Pour a few drops of rose water into the paste and mix well. Ensure the paste is not too watery. Apply the paste evenly on skin. Once it’s completely dried, wash it off with water.
- Benefits: Neem is known to be anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Rose water works as a toner to soothe skin irritation and maintain the skin’s pH balance.
- Duration: Wait for at least 20 minutes to let the paste dry.
- Technique: The next time you have your sip of antioxidants, preserve a little green tea. Dip a cotton swab in cooled green tea and rub it gently all over the face. You can leave this overnight or wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Benefits: As much as it makes for a good rejuvenating drink, green tea applied topically is also one of the ideal home remedies for pimples on face. Green tea is known for its anti-bacterial properties. Green tea is high in certain polyphenols that help discourage hormonally induced breakouts.
- Duration: Wait for at least 30 minutes to let the paste dry.
- Technique: Take three tablets of uncoated aspirin and crush them to a powder. Sprinkle some water on the powder to form a paste, maintaining a thick consistency. Slather this paste onto your skin. You can choose to use it as a spot treatment or apply all over the face. As aspirin is easily available over the counter, it can be used to create masks for pimple treatments at home.
- Benefits: The Salicylic Acid in aspirin gets working to reduce pimples. The anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin help reduce redness when applied topically.
- Duration: Wait for at least 20 minutes to let the paste dry.
At this point of read, you have a fair idea of easy tips on how to prevent pimples naturally at home. With a little patience and commitment, these home remedies for pimples will work like magic.
Remember the last time you waited the entire weekend for that party and someone else decided to tag along too? Pimples are known to come unannounced yet ensure they grab attention while they last. You see that one pimple pop on your skin and your search history is instantly crowded with variations of How to get rid of pimples in one day or in time-sensitive circumstances, how to get rid of pimples in an hour.
How To Get Rid Of Pimples Instantly
We have some secrets that would scare away the unwanted pimples from your skin in no time.
How To Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight (Almost)
Since, skin cells regenerate and repair at night, as we sleep, it is best to remove pimples overnight with the help of methods or products that work for your skin. We have listed some tried and tested ways that can be answers to your perplexing question of How to Get Rid of Pimples Overnight?
Apply a strong concoction consisting one or all the following ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide. They work as effective medicines for pimples on face. You can wake up in the morning, knowing the pimple has almost been driven out. Refrain from applying this solution all over the face as it is best used as a spot treatment.
Nykaa Recommends: Globus Remedies Glycolic Acid And Salicylic Acid Face Wash
The antibacterial properties of toothpaste make it an ideal weapon to battle pimples. However, remember to avoid a gel-based or coloured toothpaste. Gently rub the paste on the pimple area before you sleep at night. The toothpaste will dry out the area, facilitating faster removal of the pimple.
Nykaa Recommends: Pepsodent Whitening Cavity Protection Toothpaste
Sulfur unclogs pores and reduces the size of the existing swollen pimple. Apply the sulfur mask on the entire face or just target the pimple area. Follow the instructions on the package to leave the mask overnight or rinse off within a while.
Nykaa Recommends: Dr. Sheth's Clarifying Sulphur Face Mask
How To Get Rid Of A Pimple In An Hour
The following pimple treatments put a deserving end to the frequently asked How to reduce pimples? question.
You can get Benzoyl Peroxide over the counter or by consulting a dermatologist. Before you use, do a patch test since certain skin types tend to react negatively, causing redness. Use your ring finger to take a pea size amount of Benzoyl Peroxide cream and rub it in circular motions on the affected area.
Tea Tree Oil
As an antimicrobial agent, Tea Tree Oil effectively neutralizes bacteria and reduces any swelling or breakouts. Mix a little of it with your daily moisturizer or apply it individually on the pimple with the help of a cotton swab.
Ice, when rubbed on skin compresses or shrinks the size of pores and reduces pimples. Sometimes pimples are small but appear gigantic because of the swelling and inflammation. An ice pack soothes the inflamed area and make the pimple seem smaller.
If you are looking for long-term solutions to handle pimples, we would advise supplementing your skincare regime with clinical treatments. These pimple treatments might require a few sittings based on the intensity of your skin condition.
Best Pimple Treatments with a Clinical Approach
You can stop worrying about how to cure pimples by signing up for a long-term treatment for pimples on face by consulting a dermatologist.
Dermabrasion should be implemented only in case of severe acne. In this procedure, a wire brush rapidly rotates on skin, peeling off the top layer. It exposes fresh and new layers of skin that are healthier than the previous one. This procedure works as an effective removal tip for pimples on face.
In this procedure, the doctor applies a chemical-based solution in the form of a mask to your skin. The mask helps unclog pores and removes dead skin cells. Moreover, it promotes the regeneration of new skin.
A needle-studded device is moved over the skin surface to stimulate the tissue. The procedure takes a while to reflect results and requires repeated sittings. It is one of the safest techniques but dont expect fast results.
There are different kinds of laser treatments, all of which require focusing laser on the affected skin while leaving out the sensitive areas. Lasers are effective and one of the best pimple treatments, though they tend to leave your skin with redness and dryness. This can be handled with moisturizers and ice packs.