Baffled with no definite answers to questions ranging from "how to remove dandruff" or "how to treat dandruff"? Well it’s better to nip it in the bud before it escalates to a severe scalp infection. The hallmark signs of dandruff include itchy scalp, greasiness and white flakes that are visible to the world. The good news is that dandruff can be tackled with the right combination of anti-dandruff shampoos, anti-dandruff conditioners and products.
How to Get Rid of Dandruff with the Right Ingredients
1. Ingredient: Apple Cider Vinegar
- Benefits: By restoring the pH balance of the scalp, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) inhibits the growth of yeast. It also works as a natural hair clarifier and helps clean clogged pores and hair follicles.
- Technique: Mix two cups of Apple Cider Vinegar with 3 cups of cold water and use this mixture to rinse your hair, post shampooing. Let it sit for two minutes before washing it out. For best results, use this once a week.
2. Ingredient: Baking Soda
- Benefits: Exfoliator for hair? Yes, please. Baking Soda sloughs off all the dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil for squeaky clean scalp. What’s more, it also prevents the growth of fungi that leads to dandruff.
- Technique: Rub a handful of baking soda onto wet scalp. After a couple of minutes, rinse your hair well with warm water; no shampoo necessary.
3. Ingredient: Onion
- Benefits: Yep, you read that right. Onion has strong anti-microbial properties that makes it an ideal ingredient for banishing dandruff. Plus, we love the fact that it improves blood circulation to the scalp and flushes out the toxins.
- Technique: Start by blending a large onion to a smooth paste. Starting at the roots, apply this paste to your hair and work your way down to the tips. Keep this on for about 60 minutes and wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo. Adios, icky dandruff!
4. Ingredient: Coconut Oil
- Benefits: Coconut oil is the best oil for dandruff. Known for its anti-fungal properties, Coconut Oil moisturizes dry scalps and tackles itchiness like a pro. Plus, it nourishes your hair and boosts hair growth. Do we need say more?
- Technique: For a potent anti-dandruff remedy, combine equal parts Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice together and massage on your scalp. Shampoo after 20 minutes. Voilà, dandruff-free scalp in a jiffy. You can even alternate with Castor Oil for dandruff.
5. Ingredient: Garlic
- Benefits: Garlic is a rich source of salicylic acid and is a common ingredient used for the treatment of dandruff. Mix this with Honey (that has strong antimicrobial properties), and you will have a winner in your hands.
- Technique: To create a hair mask for dandruff begin by crushing the Garlic cloves in a bowl and let it sit for a few minutes. Next, add Honey and mix it together. Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair and leave it in for about 5-10 minutes. Rinse the hair mask out and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
6. Ingredient: Tea Tree Oil
- Benefits: Tea Tree Oil has long been used to treat dandruff, owing to its potent cleansing and anti-fungal properties; a classic anti-dandruff treatment if there was one.
- Technique: Add 6 drops of Tea Tree Oil to half a cup of essential oil (such as Lavender), and massage on your scalp before shampooing to get rid of dandruff. You can also add a few drops to your regular shampoo to make it into an all-natural best anti-dandruff shampoo.
Shampoos dedicated to the cause of fighting dandruff make the process of removing dandruff much easier. It is recommended to shift to the best anti-dandruff shampoo that focuses on dandruff issues.
How to Remove Dandruff with the Best Anti-Dandruff Shampoos
The best anti-dandruff shampoo in India, contains the goodness of Neem. For generations, Neem’s anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties have been harvested to treat a number of ailments. It also proves to be effective when it comes to cleansing your scalp and treating dandruff. With regular use, you’ll see those flakes reduce and ultimately, disappear. Apply the anti-dandruff conditioner after using the shampoo for effective results.
Champagne ain’t just for celebrations! It can also prove to be a powerful weapon against dandruff (no we aren’t joking) because it possesses polyphenols that have antioxidant properties. Known to detoxify, bubbly is the magic potion that makes itchy, flaky scalps better. Enriched with all these properties, this best shampoo for dandruff in India, eliminates flakes and leaves your hair looking cleaner and feeling moisturized.
Fortified with herbal ingredients like Tea Tree Oil, Chickpea and Aloe Vera, this product gently removes dandruff, and strengthens hair roots, ensuring a healthy scalp. Natural ingredients help moisturize the hair, preventing dryness. It addresses the root cause of dandruff such as Malassezia fungus and dry scalp, while being gentle on hair.
If we were to sum up and list a few essential products that can help you win in your war with dandruff, this list would be the holy grail.
How to Treat Dandruff with the Right Products
This dermatologically tested anti-dandruff lotion contains some good old’ dandruff fighters such as Zinc Pyrithione (ZPT0), Climbazole and Piroctone Olamine that curb annoying flakes and prevents hair fall caused by it. PS: The non-sticky, no stain lotion comes with a fuss-free applicator.
A relaxing hair oil massage is just the way to get stronger, healthier hair. Here’s a natural hair treatment that relaxes you, repairs damaged, dull hair and treats dandruff--all in one go. Infused with the goodness of organic ingredients and herbal oils like Bhringraj, Mint and Neem, this hair oil is Paraben and SLS free.
Clinically proven to help restore the scalp's natural moisture balance, this purifying anti-dandruff shampoo gently eliminates dandruff while rebalancing your flaky scalp, leaving your hair easy to style, soft, light and shiny. Recommended for normal to oily hair.
A deep intensive treatment that hits instant ‘reset’. This potent blend of Fenugreek, Triphala, Camphor, essential oils and herbs kills fungal growth, soothes the scalp and provides intense nourishment to dry, lifeless hair. A highly recommended TLC for luster-less, dry hair.
Schwarzkopf BC Scalp Genesis Rebalancing Serum is a rebalancing fluid for scalps prone to dandruff. With StemCode Complex and vitamin E, the formula rebalances sensitive scalps and helps to prevent visible dandruff flakes while securing the future condition of the hair
By now you won’t be worrying about how to remove dandruff from hair. Apply these genius products while making a few lifestyle changes and you can kick off those flakes forever!
The Section Where Your Lingering Doubts are Finally Answered!
1. How to reduce dandruff with healthy hair care habits?
- Switch to a diet low on carbs and sugars
- Keep your scalp hydrated by drinking enough water
- Wash hair frequently to remove accumulated dirt and oil from the scalp
- Exfoliate your scalp regularly
- Use a special anti-dandruff shampoo
- Avoid scratching the itchy scalp as it could worsen the infection
2. How to get rid of dandruff naturally?
The following natural ingredients can be infused in your daily hair oils, tonics or sprays to get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Tea tree oil
- Apple cider vinegar oil
- Coconut oil
- Egg yolks
- Fuller’s earth
- Listerine Mouthwash
- Baking soda and lemon
- Powdered aspirin
- Rosemary oil
- Fish oil
3. How to cure dandruff permanently?
- Massage scalp with a solution of green tea and white vinegar
- Apply lemon and curd mask
- Apply drops of tea tree oil to your regular shampoo
- Massage aloe vera gel onto your scalp
- Apply baking soda as an exfoliator for the scalp
- Consult a dermatologist and try an anti-dandruff medical treatment