The hottest look this Spring-Summer is a naturally illuminated complexion and how better to rock this trend than with Lakme’s Illuminating range launched during Lakme Fashion Week 2016? The illuminating range is all about shimmer, not gloss, and is the perfect way to own the softly illuminated and feminine look that’s so in right now. The muse of this beauty theme is the shine of crystals. So while 2015 was the year of sculpt contour, 2016 will be all about illuminating and strobing. Let’s a look at the best buys from this new range.
Take your eyeliner game to the next level with these metallic beauties. The smooth texture makes it super easy to glide on the eyelid. It comes in a retractable twist up pencil, which makes it easier to use and carry. They are available in three shades. Check out the color review below.
This is a deep blue matte shade. Perfect for a pool party.
A jewel toned eye liner. It's a true emerald green color.
Brown liners are in trend. The color looks classy and elegant.
The range has 15 shades, from deep reds and pinks to bright orange and soft rose golds. Most of the shades are new and unique. The lipsticks are crème based with shimmer particles. The texture is smooth on application and keeps your lips moist. Below is a quick review of all the shades.
1. Pink Flash: Soft pink shade perfect for a brunch look. If you are not comfortable wearing shimmer lipstick, I would suggest you begin with this shade. It’s soft and not OOT.
2. Tinsel Peach: A true peach color with golden shimmer. This shade works perfectly with deep smoky eyes for a sultry night look.
3. Sun Kissed Salmon: This is a pinkish-orange shade. You could pair this soft shade with bronzed eye makeup.
4. Ruby Glimmer: A ruby pink hue with blue undertones. It’s perfect for both day or night looks.
5. Burgundy Beam: This is a soft burgundy shade that can be worn daily.
6. Crimson Bling: A deep crimson shade with orange undertones. So, perfect for a day weeding, sangeet or cocktail party.
7. Tropical Shine: This shade is definitely my favorite! It’s a pretty soft peachy-pink hue.
8. Wine Gleam: It’s a bright pink shade with blue undertones. This shade will suit most Indian skin tones.
9. Chestnut Shimmer: This shade is a mauve shade with brown undertones.
10. Metal Rust: It’s a fusion of pink and rust. This is a very unique color that can be worn by day and night.
11. Orange Glitz: A bright tangerine color, it’s the perfect orange to beat the heat. It will suit most Indian skin tones.
12. Copper Spark: A brick brown shade with red undertones. A nice rust shade perfect for all occasions.
13. Rose Gold Dust: This is my second favorite color. The shimmer adds an oomph to the hue. It’s perfect for a no-makeup-look or you could pair it smoky eyes for understated glamor.
14. Scarlett Magic: This is a deep brick color with an orange undertone.
15. Bronze Flake: It’s a pretty onion pink color with a tinge of bronze. The golden shimmer takes this shade to another level.
The eye shadow palette is very versatile and made to suit Indian skin tones. It’s available in two shades; gold and silver. Each palette is curated with six shades that complement each other making it easy to blend and create a look. Read on for a complete review of the palettes.
This contains shades ranging from peach, gold, olive and brown. It is perfect for a day time bronzed look.
This also contains six shades ranging from purple, blue grey, lilac and silver. The palette is curated keeping the smoky eye look in mind.
Comment below to let us know your favorite shades from the Lakme Absolute Illuminating Range.