This season calls for an all-new beauty bag with those hair, skin and makeup essentials you’ve already set your heart on. But just like the rest of us, you’re broke, aren’t you? Well, we’ve got good news, girls. You don’t need to break the bank to get your hands on all those goodies. Turns out, there are several options that perform just as well (if not better) than the fancy, equally expensive versions and guess what, they all come with budget-friendly price tags. Translation: You can buy them all, yes all, without suffering from buyer’s remorse.
So, to make your life easier, we’ve broken down your beauty routines to incorporate all these too-good-to-be-true budget buys. In fact, we’ll do you one better – each routine is *drum roll please* under Rs. 500.
Check out the affordable makeup products and skin care products under 500:
Affordable Makeup Products & Routine Under 500
Total damages: Rs 473
- As fellow makeup junkies, we know it’s all about that base which is why you should get your hands on this Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mini Mousse Foundation. It’s lightweight, easily blendable and gives a matte finish that—wait for it—lasts all day. All at just Rs 150. Yup, believe it.
- Next up - the eyes. And boy, have we got the perfect kajal which can be used for that smudged kohl look, as an eyeliner for a sleek cat eye, and to create a smoky eye that’s to die for. Just add the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil for Rs 93 to your makeup kit and you’re all set.
- Of course, no makeup look is complete without lipstick. Enter the Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in 15 different shades at a mere Rs 135 each. This Vitamin, Aloe Vera and Antioxidant-rich formula is soft, nourishing and long-lasting, and makes you feel like you’re putting silk on your lips. What’s more, you can even use it as blush by lightly smudging the color on the apples of your cheeks. Trust us, you’ll be wondering why you ever spent so much more on lipsticks to begin with.
- The last thing you need to complete your beauty bag is a highlighter ‘coz honey, it ain’t a look unless it’s lit. Get the Blue Heaven Shimmer Dust Powder which costs only Rs 95 but adds a pearly, luminescent glow that’s worth so much more. It’s available in 12 amazing shades and can be used on your face and body, as bronzer over blush, to accentuate your cheekbones and collarbones, and even as eyeshadow on your lids. The possibilities are endless.
Affordable Skin Care Productss & Skincare Routine Under 500
Total damages: Rs 457
- If you’re as obsessed about skincare as we are, you don’t slack off on your CTM routine. First up, as a cleanser, there’s the Aroma Magic Neem & Tea Tree Face Wash perfect for all skin types. At a measly Rs 90, this natural face wash is a miracle worker that reduces the appearance of acne and blackheads, soothes skin irritation and redness and keeps your skin soft and supple. A win for your skin and your wallet, we’d say.
- While many beauty buffs skip toner, we don’t believe in skimping on our skincare regime. It helps that we’ve discovered this cheap yet very effective Himalaya Herbals Refreshing & Clarifying Toner. Enriched with natural ingredients, it costs nothing more than Rs 68 and works wonders to remove impurities, revitalize and rejuvenate skin, and reduce open pores and oil secretion. Could we ask for anything more?
- Come rain, snow or shine, one thing we don’t ever forget to slather onto our skin is sunscreen. What about moisturizer, you ask? We’ve found a sunscreen that works perfectly to hydrate skin while giving you that daily dose of SPF that you simply cannot go without. The Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ with exclusive Helioplex technology is suitable for all skin types and makes your pocket lighter only by Rs 199.
- We’ve still got a little left in our budget, which means we’ll splurge on the one product that makes us feel pampered beyond compare – a face mask. At barely Rs 100 (hell, yeah!), The Face Shop Real Nature Lemon Face Mask has completely stolen our hearts. In just a couple of minutes, it brightens and nourishes the skin leaving it soft, supple and flawless. #SelfCareSunday done right and next to no cost.
Affordable Hair Care Routine Under 500
Total damages: Rs 471
- Gone are the days when you needed to shampoo first and then use another product to condition. Introducing the Biotique Bio Green Apple Fresh Daily Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner which, at Rs 155, is dual purpose. Blended with extracts of Green Apple, Sea Algae and Centella, it purifies and nourishes and is gentle enough to use every day.
- And then there’s our all-time favorite hair product, the Pantene Open Hair Miracle. It works fabulously as a serum, conditioner, hair oil, heat protectant and a pre-wash detangler. The best part is you don’t need to rinse, and at the reasonable cost of Rs 128, this 5-in-1 product truly is a hair miracle.
- For all you girls who are short on cash and on time, there’s the BBLUNT MINI Back To Life Dry Shampoo. Just shake, spritz and rub on your strands for 2 minutes and kiss greasy, lifeless hair goodbye. At Rs 188, it’s the perfect pick-me-up.