How many stages does your daily skin care routine include? Barely managed to mumble a single digit? So you’ve probably not heard of the 10 step Korean skin care routine yet. Sounds arduous already, we know. But hear us out.
The Korean skin care routine has cult written all over it. Why, you ask? We have highlighted a few points that give the Korean skin care routine an upper hand over most others.
- The Korean skincare routine revolves around preventive care; kids are taught to take care of their skin right from the start. While you were speculating about investing in your first eye cream last night, a ten-year-old kid in South Korea was probably halfway through her night skin care routine.
- Koreans are taught to avoid the sun, even if that means putting on hand gloves and slathering on sunscreen every two hours. All this while most of us still skip our sunscreens on a rushed morning.
- All those nights that we were quick to hit the bed with our mascara on, the Koreans diligently followed their in-depth double duty cleansing routine. All that diligence shows on their flawless skin. Where’s your diligence, woman?
- Korean skin care products are known for the revolutionary ingredients. What are they, you ask? Hyaluronic Acid, Snail Mucin, Bee Glue and Ginseng. We are already excited.
Okay we can’t wait it anymore, we have started stocking our vanity already. Come, join us.
Korean Skin Care Products for Dry Skin
It’s time to move the trusted detoxifying beverage – Green Tea – from your daily breakfast routine to your daily cleansing routine. Whisk away the makeup and dirt residues with the fresh Jeju Green Tea infused Korean face wash for dry skin. The Innisfree Green Tea Foam Cleanser is a wakeup call for dehydrated skin. The Polyphenols in Green Tea bless skin cells with a surge of antioxidants that control excess sebum production and prevent pesky little pimples.
Calendula or Pot Marigold is a natural skin conditioner and antioxidant that stimulates Collagen production and promotes intense hydration. The Face Shop Calendula Essential Moisture Toner will balance your skin’s pH levels to prepare it for the further Korean skin care steps. Once you give the best Korean toner for dry skin a try, you wouldn’t be able to resist feeling your supple skin, courtesy the Calendula extracts.
Wonder why Koreans are ahead of the rest in the beauty race? We would credit it to their early dedication. They don’t wait for the first wrinkle to freak them out. One of the best Korean moisturizers for dry skin – It's Skin Collagen Nutrition Cream is infused with the goodness of Malt extracts, Amino acids and Berry extracts and is designed to improve skin elasticity while enhancing its moisture retaining abilities. The Marine Collagen in this effective Korean cream for dry skin helps recover skin’s resilience and make it firmer. Talk about aging better. Isn’t that what everyone wants?
Korean Skin Care Products for Combination Skin
Cleansing is a rite of passage in the Korean skin care routine. Take off all that gunk from the face with The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam Lemon where dust and grime won’t stand a chance. Enriched with Lemon and herb extracts, it is formulated to zap away impurities responsible for clogged pores and blackheads. The active ingredient, Lemon, is famed by our ancestors for fighting against dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Inspired ‘nuff?
There’s enough literature to suggest that well moisturized skin absorbs skin care ingredients better, thus increasing their odds at optimal efficiency. That explains why no amount of moisturizing is ever enough. The ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Facial Toner, powered with jelly-like water droplets of the Super Collagen Water and the Baobab Water, hydrates your skin and keeps it moisturized for a long time. Let the water droplets absorb into your skin and toning will never feel the same after experiencing the best Korean toner for combination skin.
You are about to discover the ultimate hydrating powerhouse with one of the best Korean moisturizers for combination skin. The essence of the LANEIGE Water Bank Moisture Cream revolves around the Moisturizing Biogene technology. This technology coupled with Hyaluronic Acid and Air-Wetting formula keeps skin hydrated all day. Think of it as a cream that strengthens and retains moisture while working around the clock, so you wake up to a rejuvenated complexion. This sole weapon will beat flaky skin to unveil an irresistible velvety texture.
Korean Skin Care Products for Oily Skin
Clear complexion is minutes away, courtesy this Korean face wash for oily skin. The ETUDE HOUSE Wonder Pore Deep Foaming Cleanser has tiny soft blue beads that gently exfoliate skin for a smoother texture. Watch the dual action of Peppermint beads and White Clay buff away stubborn dead skin cells for a cool cleansing effect and deep pore penetration. We’re already sold at the thought of tiny cute beads goofing around. Brb.
Prepare to be obsessed with the best Korean toner for oily skin – Innisfree Jeju Pomegranate Revitalizing Toner. A gel-based toner, this is formulated with the Jeju Pomegranate Juice and Seed Oil to keep moisture and elasticity in check. The anti-aging ingredient Ellagic acid in the toner protects skin from oxidative damage and keeps it healthy. The Hyaluronic Acid replenishes any moisture lost in the cleansing stage.
Cookies and cream, fries and coke, you and your BFF, some things just go so well together. Similarly, the ETUDE HOUSE Wonder Pore Deep Foaming Cleanser should be also coupled with the ETUDE HOUSE Wonder Pore Balancing Cream for best results. This Korean cream for oily skin shrinks pores and reduces excess sebum to achieve clear skin. The Peppermint in your mouth freshener is capable of more than you know. It balances out natural oils in excessively oily skin. And that’s why it’s found its way in this best Korean moisturizer for oily skin. Up for the fresh wave?
Want in on well-kept Korean beauty secrets to flawless skin? We put on our spying hats to give you an inside scoop on Korean skin care tips to swear by.
- Make your bathroom singing sessions productive. Channel your inner Britney Spears and emphasize the vowels in varied tones. The mouth movements exercise your muscles and hence, improve blood circulation which translates to brighter complexion.
- Post cleansing don’t let anything come between you and your toner. After you cleanse your face, you need to keep the moisture locked in and not let it escape. Put on the toner immediately after, preferably within 8 seconds. The number is arbitrary but you get our point.
- It’s time to put on the mask. An overnight sleeping mask corrects dullness and tiredness at a time when your cell turnover is at its peak. Put it on thrice a week to moisturize your skin on an intense level. Talk about waking up feeling good. Probably, even fight off the early morning Monday blues with a mask!
- The Korean beauty’s most loved hack lies in your kitchen. They have a long-established love affair with rice water. Interestingly, they use it as a toner to arrest aging, reduce dark circles. Soak some rice in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Use the milky water as a toner.
- Once is never enough when it comes to cleansing. Koreans swear by the skin bible when it comes to double-cleansing. The first cleanser should be oil-based to swipe clean makeup and the second cleanser should focus on deep cleaning to get rid of any residue.
- Regular facial massages ensure active delivery of oxygen and nutrition to the skin cells. While gradually contouring your face, the physical stimulation relaxes the muscles and amps up blood circulation. Now, isn’t that the first pre-requisite for glowing complexion?