One of the best things about makeup is that you can change it up to suit your whims and fancies. Period. So, when our mood is popping, there is nothing better than maximalist trend of all, Neon, to light up our face (and our life). Yep, if you didn’t know this already, the ’80s super vibrant trend is back with a bang (thanks Kim K) and it has found a way to shed its garish, tacky past (win-win). What we are talking about is a new gentler approach that scores uber high on the glam factor without making you seem like fluorescent lights lining up your favourite brunch spots. Sweet.
However, the million-dollar question still remains: how on Earth do you recreate those drool-worth Insta looks IRL? Well, the good news is that it’s as easy as it looks. Reiterating this fact is a bunch of interesting ways that will help you nail the buzziest beauty trend like never before!
Presenting the best neon makeup looks & ideas to up your glam game!
- Fun fact: Neon eyeliners looks just as popping on your eyes as they look on swimsuits.
- Case in point, Kendall Jenner’s slime green eyeliner flick that makes a statement without coming off as oh-too-much.
- If you are feeling frisky, you can swap this for a neon yellow liner or diffuse it in your inner corners of your eyes (highlighter alert) to offsets those black lashes. Ready to go all out? For this neon makeup look apply pop pink eyeshadow on your lids and pair it with glossy lips for a dreamy look, albeit with a punch!
- Also, spotted on the catwalks recently were models sporting neon lashes in the brightest hues of coral, electric blue and fuchsia. We recommend pairing these statement lashes and a nude lippy for a fresh day look. Pro Tip: Don’t forget to tightline your eyes to make ’em super defined.
- If you are into something bright and sunny, then there’s nothing better than cheery neon hues to help switch up your look with almost no effort at all; not to mention this neon makeup look is also one of the simplest ways to ease into the neon beauty trend.
- How? Just opt for classic fuchsia lips that can add the right amount of pop to your look. If you want to branch out and experiment with newer colors, try rich orange or tangerine hues that are sure to take your look from zero to 100 in a matter of seconds.
- However, the trick to getting the neon lip down pat is to keep the rest of the face clean—so as to draw attention to that statement pout. Va va voom.
3. Neony Nails
- Move over French manicures, the latest thing to flood our Instagram feeds are slime-colored tips.
- One of the most accessible ways to wear this trend daily, neon tips are just meant to be wrapped around a glass of Chardonnay any time of the day; think vibrant magentas, electric blues, poppy pinks, blazing oranges and even fluorescent yellows that can spice up even the most mundane of Mondays.
- Did we mention that these versatile shades support see-through nails, moon shapes, color block or side curvy line art designs? We rest our case.
4. Crazy Hair
- It’s no secret that Kylie Jenner has made neon hair happen; from frosty turquoise, pretty fuchsia to electric green, Jenner has worn every color and style imaginable.
- A year down and the beauty-community still can’t get enough. So, what if there ain’t anything natural about this girl, because let’s face it—it’s about doing hair that really stands out.
- However, given the risk of hair damage involved during bleaching and re-coloring, we recommend opting for temporary hair colours or fun clip-on extensions that can do the job just as well.