Your wedding day is inching closer and you’ve got your trousseau and partner ready (obviously). What about your skin? We need not tell, pictures of your fairytale wedding will last a lifetime so it would help if your skin radiates a blissful glow. However, the true foundation to a flawless look on your big day is not any expensive makeup but happy, healthy skin. So, instead of pinning all your hopes on your BFF’s recommended makeup artist, start taking small baby steps yourself towards luminous skin. One way to do it is by making positive changes to your diet.
Fruits For Glowing Skin
Here’s a lowdown on fruits for glowing skin.
Okay, this furry brown fruit might not particularly be your go-to choice but once you know the power ingredients it packs, you will want to give it a chance. Enriched with Vitamin C, Vitamin E and phytonutrients, it boosts collagen production and deflates puffed eyes. The Vitamin C content also helps prevent oxidative stress thereby preventing dullness.
Is there a way to gradually reverse the damage caused by booze and makeup on your skin? Yes, avocado does it. Replete with Vitamin E and monosaturated fats, it protects skin from damage and locks in moisture to keep it looking hydrated. The powerful combo of antioxidants, plant sterols, omega-9, minerals, and vitamins exfoliates dead skin cells and nourishes skin to give you the lit-from-within glow.
Munch your way to glowing skin and how? Antioxidant rich and juicy grapes contain resveratrol that fights UV damage and improves skin elasticity. Also, the seed extracts help heal wounds and reveal fresh looking skin. Replace the usual bag of chips with a bowl of fresh grapes to make lifeless complexion a thing of the past.
If you are looking for a fruit that can help calm inflamed or irritated skin, you can count on gooseberries or amla. Loaded with antioxidants and loaded with Vitamin C, it detoxifies blood to keep skin looking young and healthy. Besides, it reduces pigmentation to restore the natural glow on your face – just what you need when you walk down the aisle!
What better than naturally pink cheeks to support your blink-and-blush moments at the wedding? Peaches can help you achieve that. Packed with Vitamins C, A, E and K and antioxidants, they help fight free radicals, prevent UV damage and add to your skin’s healthy glow. Not just that, the dietary fibre works at clearing the digestive system to detoxify your body and reveal a healthier complexion.
Food For Glowing Skin
Here’s a lowdown on food for glowing skin.
Put down the bronzer. Mackerel is a surefire way to soft, supple and luminous skin. This skin superfood contains Omega-3 fats which make your skin look plumper and hydrated. It’s especially great if you’re looking to make your dry, thin skin look rejuvenated. Plus, the anti-inflammatory nature of the fats also helps reduce acne and skin inflammation.
2. Pumpkin Seeds
Don’t go by the size of these nutritional powerhouses. Rich in Vitamin E, Zinc, and Omega 3- and 6- fatty acids, these seeds help lock in moisture and make skin appear youthful. The unsaturated fatty acids can soothe inflammation and calm acne-prone skin. Besides, the high Zinc content help maintain skin’s elasticity. Cue to swap your existing low-nutrient junk food with a pack of these tiny heroes.
3. Sweet Potato
We agree, they look intimidating but trust us they’re sweet and your skin would love ‘em. Loaded with Beta-Carotene, Vitamins C and E, these healthier cousins of potato help boost collagen, tighten skin and impart a natural glow. The Beta-Carotene in fact works as a natural sunblock and protects your skin from sun exposure. Overtime, it helps add a warm tint to pale and dull skin.
Say what you want about its bitter taste, this green floret is your best bet at healthy skin. After all, it contains Lutein, a carotenoid that saves your skin from oxidative damage thereby preventing dryness and wrinkles. It also includes Glucoraphanin that gets converted into Sulforaphane and speeds up skin repair. Basically, it regenerates damaged skin and we could all do with its help.
5. Dark Chocolate
Consuming high amounts of antioxidant rich Cocoa can help your skin stay hydrated and smooth. This is why indulging in a dark chocolate once in a while is not such a sin after all for your skin. The Flavonols protect skin against sun damage, and improve blood flow thus, imparting a healthy radiance. There, we gave you another reason to bring out that bar of chocolate.
Bridal Skin Care Tips
- Achieving your best skin yet will also require a little help from a professional dermatologist. You will get an idea about your skin’s current state and you can undergo recommended treatments months before to ensure you wake up to flawless skin on your D-day. Whether it’s the pesky acne or dark spots that seem adamant to tag along for your wedding, a good dermatologist can help you with an effective game plan to drive them away.
- The last few months might get crazy but make time for weekend face packs or facials to pamper your skin. Regularly treating your skin to soothing ingredients will ensure it stays gorgeous until you utter the words ‘I do.’
- Now is not the time to give into that glass of wine. You can’t afford to let dehydrators rob you of your radiance when you need it the most. Instead, include smoothies and juices in your diet for glowing skin during the last few months leading upto your wedding. Beetroot, amla, carrot, orange or lemon juice can do the trick for that peachy glow.
- Dark circles on the day of the wedding is every bride’s nightmare. One way to escape it is to ensure you get your beauty sleep not just the night before but at least the week leading upto the wedding day. After all, night time is the time when skin cells and tissues repair and regenerate to pave the way for healthier looking skin.
- Don’t let the hustle-bustle of wedding prep stress you out. You don’t want a last minute stress induced pimple to pop up as a beauty bummer. Whether its meditation or dance that helps you release the stress, do what you have to and stay calm.
- It’s time to exercise restraint and slowly eliminate sugar and junk food from your diet. Make fruits and vegetables your BFFs if you want your skin to look happy. You can consult a nutritionist to chalk out a personalized diet plan for you or simply make a few healthy switches. Trust us, the payoff will be worth it!
- If you are a busy bride-to-be, carrying around a bottle of water and sipping on it regularly is your best bet at keeping skin hydrated. Staying hydrated will help flush out toxins, clear acne, and retain moisture while also shedding extra pounds.
FAQs On Bridal Skin Care
1. How can I brighten my face before marriage?
No bridal skin care routine is complete without a healthy diet. At least four months prior to your wedding, add more vegetables, fruits and juices to your diet and skip caffeine, alcohol, and fried or spicy food. Also, increase the amount of water you consume on a daily basis to at least 1.5 litres.
2. Which fruits are best for skin glow?
The best fruits for glowing skin include blackcurrants, blueberries, guava, kiwi, oranges, papaya, strawberries and tomato. Opt for fruits rich in Vitamin C as they can help impart a natural radiance. These include, pineapple, watermelon, mango, grapefruit, etc.
3. What can I drink to clear my skin before wedding?
The best solution is drinking coconut water daily on an empty stomach as it will help detoxify your body and thereby, clear your skin. Apart from that, you can swap your regular tea or soda with the following options.
- Tea: Green tea, chamomile tea, jasmine tea, black tea, dandelion tea, or white tea
- Juice: Pomegranate juice, tomato juice, cucumber juice, aloe vera juice, papaya juice, carrot juice or beetroot juice
4. Recommend face masks to include in my bridal skin care routine at home.