What’s the point of applying makeup if the base can’t last through the day? This is why it’s essential not to skip the primer. Don’t know what that is? Well, to put it simply: It’s that one extra step that can decide the fate of your makeup. If your beauty routine includes primer, you don’t have to worry about your foundation wearing off. Think of the primer as the base of your foundation – it preps your skin to create a smooth, flawless base.
Best Primer For Oily Skin
Below, we’ve rounded up the best face primers for oily skin. Go ahead and make one of them your partner in prime.
FAQs On Best Makeup Primer For Oily Skin
1. Is primer necessary for oily skin? Recommend best primer for oily skin and large pores.
Mattifying primers can make your face appear shine-free and less oily. These primers are formulated to reduce excess sebum production on skin. A good primer will help blur pores, hydrate skin, and minimize fine lines without clogging pores or triggering the production of excess oil.
Here are the best primers for oily skin:
- Colorbar Perfect Match Primer
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Infused Face Primer – Clear
- Miss Claire Studio Perfect Professional Makeup Primer
2. What can I use instead of primer for oily skin?
If you don’t wish to use a dedicated product for primer, you can create a natural formula at home. Refrigerate a scoop of aloe vera gel and apply it evenly all over your face. The gel-like consistency of aloe vera will help achieve a dewy look without making your face appear oily.
3.What does a primer do to your face?
Here are the benefits of primer:
- Primers work great at minimizing enlarged pores so that they don’t look prominent when you apply foundation on your face.
- If you’ve been having hard time trying to get the eyeshadow to glide on smoothly, it’s time to get yourself a primer. A primer creates a smooth base which allows for easy application of rest of the products.
- If you want your makeup to stay longer than work hours + happy hours, primer is the way to go. It holds the foundation in place.
- Certain primers come infused with highlighters or brightening pigments which boost your overall complexion. This works as an instant pick-me-up for dull, tired face.
4.How do I prepare my skin for makeup?
Cleanse, exfoliate, apply toner, apply eye cream, apply moisturizer, apply primer and then follow it up with foundation and the rest of the makeup. Don’t skip the primer, if you want your makeup to make it through the day. If you’ve oily skin, opt for oil-free or gel based primers which will work perfectly with your skin type.
Nykaa Recommends: O3+ Mattifying & Pore Minimizing Primer Hd Prep + Prime