If you didnt know this already, heres your chance. You really dont need to slip into that loud polka-dotted dress to complement your favorite 60s hairdo. Now, the charm of the past can be perfectly balanced by the quirkiness of the present. Perhaps why weve recreated iconic hairstyles with a modern twist. No more waiting for retro-themed cocktails parties to revive the bouffant and victory rolls.
Blow Em Out, Princess
What the (Sharmila) Tagore heiress began in An Evening In Paris is a rage till date. No less than a boon for short-haired girls, rolled-out locks are easy to do and easier to manage. Retro and yet so chic.
The Modern-Day Monroe
Two Monroe-esque things that will always be timeless her words and that iconic hairstyle. Believe it or not, looking like a smoke storm was never this easy. Complement tousled curls with the no-makeup makeup look and youre this close to fooling the world with #IWokeUpLikeThat.
- Begin with a deep-side parting. Dont bother combing your hair, messy is the mantra here.
- Now use the HairPro 3016 Hair Curling Tong to create soft, naturally ruffled curls. With a gentle hand, brush out your curls. Save those perfect, tight curls for another day, please.
- Seal the deal with the Toni&Guy Casual: Sea Salt Texturising Spray. Dont forget to bring your million-dollar smile, though.
The Bow-tiful Bun
All sorts of elaborate buns done and dusted? Wait till you see what happens when you add the 60s touch to them. Disclaimer: Youll find yourself ogling at Asha Parikhs gorgeous fringes.
- Keep your fringe aside, and pull the rest of your hair in a high ponytail, roll the length around the root and secure it with Elite Models ABC5116A Fashion Bobby Pins.
- Lets move on to the fringe. After sweeping your fringe on either side, boost your curl with Mr. Barber Curl On Curling Tong. Thus adding character and framing your face better.
- Lastly, channel your inner diva by placing the Toniq Beige Bow Hair Band over the crown. Finish off with a perfectly-winged eye and youre all set to rock-n-roll.
Say Hi To The Hive
Confidently carried by Audrey Hepburn in the 1960s, the beehive has resurged and how. Hollywood A-listers have been sporting the hive on red carpets across the globe and were drooling already. Perfect for a dinner date, this one just looks tricky.
- This look requires a lot of backcombing. For which you ought to section the crown area and use the Ikonic Professional Teasing Brush as your magic wand. Then comb backwards creating a voluminous, unruly texture.
- Gather them and secure in the centre using Elite Models ABC5116B Fashion Bobby Pins. Be generous with the pins. This forms the base of your hairstyle.
- Now take a section from the peripheral smooth strands, layer your hive and tuck it in the centre using a pin. Repeat this step till youve swept every section and strand. Voila! Your smooth and ridiculously huge beehive is ready.
Tell us which 60s hairstyle are you crushing on.
SPOT IT. SHOP IT.