Dazzle your way through weddings, Christmas and beyond.
Do you like fairytales and all things sparkly? How about incorporating some glitter in your daily manicure and letting your nails do all the dazzling! Glitter will add that much needed sprinkling of sparkle and pop to your regular nail polish look. I love glitter nail polish not only it pretties up the plainest hands and feet but because it also puts you in a fun and festive/party spirit. It’s like giving your pinkies a new, fun lease of life!
Glitter nail polishes are versatile enough to be worn in all seasons and occasions. You can use them to add sparkle to your bright summer nails. They’re such a fun way to beat winter gloom and doom, during the festive season, at stylish brunches and high society events, or even to flaunt your style at your best friend’s wedding. Nykaa has such a pretty range of beautiful glitter nail polishes but today’s tutorial uses the eight irresistible sparkly polishes from the recently launched Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer that’s making waves and how!
Personally, my fave hues from this collection are Dazzling Diva and All that Glitters. However, all the shades are pretty in their own way and can be mixed and matched to create beautiful gradient glittery manicures. Today let’s learn how you can use glitter nail paints in different ways to create simple, easy and pretty manicures at home. The best part, you won’t need any complicated tools or techniques. Just a few quick steps and you’re done!
Read on for some glitter nail art ideas for weddings:
1. Chevron Glitter Tip
Gone are the days where only whites were used for French manicure tips. Today give the classic French manicure a twist with chevron tips and glitter nail paint.
- Step 1: Apply a clear base coat for shine and protection. Im using Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Crystal Clear.
- Step 2: Apply Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade Pink Champagne in a slanted manner near the tips as shown in the image.
- Step 3: In a similar manner, apply polish in a slanted manner on the other side of the tip to finally form a ‘V’ shaped glitter tip.
- Step 4: To define the tips, outline with a black nail polish like Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Black Out. You may use a thin paint brush or toothpick to outline the tip.
- Step 5: Apply a clear top coat to seal the nail paints and add shine. I have used Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Crystal Clear again.
2. Glitter Polka Dot
Tired of old-fashioned polka dotted nails that are so done and dusted? While its a pretty pattern and simple enough, its easy to get bored of the plain old polka pattern. You could add some fun to your basic polka dot manicure using glitter nail paint. Well show you how.
- Step 1: Apply a candy pink nail polish as the base coat. I am using Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Cotton Candy.
- Step 2: Use a pencil or toothpick to apply dots all over. I have used a bright pink, Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Fiesty Fuchsia.
- Step 3: Apply smaller polka dots over the pink polka dots. I have used Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade Dazzling Diva.
- Step 4: Seal everything with a clear top coat.
3. Colorful Glitter French Manicure
This is the perfect manicure to make a statement at parties, weddings and festive celebrations. Its simple to recreate and this no-fuss manicure looks very pretty.
- Step 1: Apply two even coats of coral nail polish. Here I am using Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Coral Craze.
- Step 2: Allow the base polish to completely dry. Now cut a small piece of cello tape and apply it on your nails in such a way that only the tips of your nails are exposed as shown in the picture.
- Step 3: Apply Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade All that Glitters on the exposed tips.
- Step 4: Allow the tips to dry. Now gently peel off the cello tape. Cover your work of art with a clear top coat.
4. Gradient Glitter Galaxy Manicure
A dark base with gradient glitter gives a galaxy effect without any complicated techniques. This manicure is great for parties and Halloween dos.
- Step 1: Apply a black polish like the Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Black Out all over your nails.
- Step 2: Tear apart a small piece of your make-up sponge and apply thin layer of Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade Dazzling Diva on the sponge. Use a pair of tweezers to hold the sponge.
- Step 3: Dab the glitter polish on gently concentrating more at the tips and slightly less on the lower part of the nail to create a gradient effect.
- Step 4: Apply a clear top coat to seal the colors and protect your nails.
5. Glitter layering
Heres another simple technique to use glitter nail polish along with a colorful base. Those who think the more the glitter the better will definitely love this manicure!
- Step 1: Apply a dark base polish evenly all over nails. I am using Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Denim Dash.
- Step 2: Then apply a thin coat of glitter polish as a layer above the base polish. Leave a tiny gap on all three sides so that the base color can be seen from the side angles. I have used Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade Dazzling Diva again in this manicure.
- Step 3: Finally apply a clear top coat.
6. Geometric Glitter Pattern
Create geometric glitter patterns on a dark base polish to bedazzle your friends. I would recommend this for Indian brides who prefer the red and gold traditional look. The color combination and addition of glitter makes this manicure perfect for your big day.
- Step 1: Apply a deep cherry red nail polish as base. I am using Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Downtown Red. Allow the base polish to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
- Step 2: Cut several small strips of cello tape. Apply the strips in the pattern shown in the image to create a diamond shape in the center of your ring finger.
- Step 3: Apply Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade All that Glitters in the center space created.
- Step 4: Allow the glitter paint to dry before peeling off the cello tape to reveal the perfect diamond glitter pattern
- Step 5: For your remaining fingers, apply the cello tape in such a manner that it forms a ‘V’ shape at the tips as shown in the image.
- Step 6: Apply Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Nail Lacquer in shade All that Glitters on the tips. Allow it to dry then peel the tape off to get perfect ‘V’ glitter tips. Finally seal everything with a top coat.
We hope you enjoyed these easy-to-do designs using glitter nail polishes. You will find many other options for glitter polishes at Nykaa.com. Some of my favorites are Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat, Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy Nail Enamel, NYX Ink Nail Art Nail Polish and OPI Nail Lacquer Nicki Minaj Collection.
Jinal Patel owner of the blog http://dazzlingbelle.com/ is a Delhi-based beauty blogger, adviser and makeup junkie with a serious passion for writing
Read more about the best bridal nail art ideas: