If your pout is a weapon of mass seduction then orange is the new red. Orange lipstick! That’s really hard to pull off, you might think, but actually you’re quite wrong. The key to mastering this hip trend is quite simple. Identify the right hue, that’s all. You don’t want anything too brick orange or too blue. Just keep it warm with pink undertones and you’ve got an eye popping, chirpy winner on your hands. In fact, this cheery, electric tint in all its flaming hues is burning up red carpets everywhere. And with good reason. It’s a sassy color that works well with a range of skin tones from dusky and sallow to wheatish and fair. Depending on how adventurous you want to be we suggest playing with different formulae to find the one right for you.
Check out our top picks for the best orange lipstick shades for every skin tone:
ORANGE LIPSTICK FOR FAIR SKIN TONE
- Bold orange or tangerine lipstick with peach or coral undertones works perfectly with your skin tone.
- Want to be adventurous? Then go for a matte finish. Just make sure the rest of your face has neutral makeup to set off your flaming pout.
ORANGE LIPSTICK FOR WHEATISH SKIN TONE
- Electric pop orange hues looks best with your skin. Choose vibrant orange shades with undertones of bronze, cinnamon, copper or cranberry for maximum oomph.
- You can also pull off pure orange lipsticks without any undertone.
ORANGE LIPSTICK FOR DUSKY SKIN TONE
- Orange with red undertones flatter your skin. Choose lipsticks like blood orange or red orange to perfectly compliment your skin tone.
- Give bright orange and pink-red tints a miss.
SPOT IT. SHOP IT.