Bold red lipstick ain’t for the faint hearted; it’s powerful, glamorous and can make an impact wherever you go. In fact, we would go so far as to say: a sultry velvety red pout can turn your day and your life around. However, as much as we love swiping on this statement hue, finding one that fits your skin tone to a T and stays put through endless slices of pizza could pose a conundrum like no other.
Not anymore though; if you haven’t been living under a rock, you might be familiar with the iconic M.A.C Ruby Woo Lipstick. Lauded the world-over for its universally flattering, vivid blue-red shade, the lipstick looks good on absolutely all skin tones and makes your teeth appear whiter. The lippy also scores some major brownie points thanks to its long wear formula (it lasts for eight hours straight), full coverage and highly pigmented formulation. The matte finish and zero-shine formula is an added bonus. Translation? It looks gorgeous on everyone, every time! Also, to put things into perspective: one Ruby Woo is bought every eight minutes across the world. Woah.
Think the red hue works only for the night? Well you can’t get be more wrong. We show you how to take this red lippy from day to night effortlessly!
From board meetings to lazy brunches, opt for this minimal chic look when you want to add a pop of color to your face—without going OTT. We show you how!
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin. Next apply a hydrating BB cream for a smooth, even finish.
- Using a jet-black eyeliner, draw a thin line along the upper lashline. Top this up with two coats of volumizing mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
- Apply a pearly highlighter on the bridge of the nose, above the lips and near your cheekbones.
- Finish off by applying the M.A.C Ruby Woo Lipstick. Start at the centre of your lip and then gradually work outwards for a fuller pout. PS: You can also use a lip brush for better control and precision.
From early dinners to cocktail hour, this look is perfect when you want to make an uber glamorous statement wherever you go. This is how!
- Cleanse and moisturize your face before applying a lightweight foundation closest to your skin tone. Blend well.
- Use a creamy concealer to hide blemishes and dark circles. Set the makeup with a dash of translucent powder.
- Start by using the paddle brush to sweep a light brown shadow from the lash line to the crease and from the inner corner to the outer corner of your eye. Using the same brush, carefully place black eyeshadow from the outer corner of your eye (be careful not to extend past your brow bone) to the middle of your lid. Next blend in a metallic eyeshadow from the inner corner of the eye to the middle for a seamless finish. Line the upper and lower lashline using a black liner. Top it up with oodles of mascara.
- Finish off by applying the M.A.C Ruby Woo lipstick for an uber glamorous look. Va va voom.