If you could take only one thing to a deserted island, you probably wouldn’t go. After all, you usually need a separate suitcase just for your beauty essentials. ‘Sound like you? If it is, don’t break a sweat. Our guide to packing smart and travel-sized, will ensure you never spend another penny on excess baggage. Read and shed that weight:
Quick tips for traveling light but smart
- Draw up a list of beauty essentials. For most people, that might include moisturizer, sunscreen and any other medicated or prescribed skincare, if you have it.
- Tailor your products to the climate. Travelling somewhere humid? Use cream-based blush and bronzer rather than cakey powder. Cold? Take a heavier moisturizer than your usual. Baking on the beach? Waterproof everything!
- Own half-finished bottles of products? Take them with you! They’re half their usual weight, won’t go to waste and can be discarded along the way.
- Save a buck and a whole lot of space with skin or scent samples from your favorite brands.
- Don’t forget your emergency go-tos. Prone to allergies? Carry an antihistamine. Burn easy? Soothing lotion is a must.
- Airplanes can be as bad as the Sahara. Dry plane air and closer proximity to the sun’s rays means you should drink plenty of water, put on sunscreen and keep a mist at the ready on flight.