As much as we love sleek blow-dried strands, there’s not a lot we can do about hair turning frizzy at the slightest hint of heat and humidity—especially when you are on a tropical beach vacay sipping on Margaritas; and, while there are numerous hair serums available in the market that promises to tame your crowning glory, sometimes there’s just not enough time (or energy) to give your tresses the frizzy hair treatment it needs. That’s when these easy hairstyles for frizzy hair come into play. We are talking about effortless top knots, messy braids and half buns that will take your hair from zero to chic in a matter of minutes—no heat tools or hairstylist needed!
Scroll down for all the tried-and-tested hairstyles for frizzy hair that will change your life forever!
1. Fishtail Braid
If you are looking for hairstyles for frizzy wavy hair or just long frizzy hair, then give the fishtail braid a try. If you are a novice, we recommend starting with a side braid first (instead at the back of the head) as this gives you the opportunity to see what you are doing. PS: Though might across complicated, it’s uber easy to master!
- Separate your hair into two even sections with the help of Filone Pin Tail Comb.
- Take a thin (half-inch piece) from the outside of one of the sections and pull it over and across, joining it with the other section.
- Repeat this process on the other side by taking a thin strand and joining it with the first section. Then, just continue this process along the length of your hair and tie it off at the end.
- Secure the braid with a cute elastic like the Toniq Glitter Rubber Bands. For a laid-back look, pull out some strands to loosen the braid and frame your face.
2. Messy Top Bun
There is something so perfect about an imperfectly done top bun. One of the best hairstyles for thick frizzy hair, a messy top bun keeps the hair off your face and can even be worn in a number of ways! What we love most though, is that it will take you exactly 3 minutes to nail this hairstyle.
- Finger-comb your hair (for that lovely messy texture) and pull your hair up into a high ponytail.
- Once secured with an elastic, simply wrap your hair around the ponytail to create a messy bun. For va va voom volume tease your hair and use some bobby pins to keep the bun in place. Opt for a cute accessory such as the Ferosh Diamond Hair Pin to add some extra drama.
- Finish off with a hairspray.
3. The Messy Half Twist
Looking for an easy hairstyle for frizzy curly hair? Then try the messy half twist. We love how the knot looks uber elegant and elevates the curly texture further. You can also try this on shorter hair to give it a bit of oomph. We recommend adding some pretty hair accessories to the mix and wearing it to a romantic date night with your SO.
- Start by scrunching your hair to give it definition and shape. Comb with your fingers to get rid of any visible knots.
- Take a small section of hair each from the left and the right side.
- Bring them to the back of the head and knot it the way you like. This is where your creativity can kick in.
- Once you are happy with the knot, secure it with a couple of bobby pins. Alternately, instead of the knot, you can pin the two sections using a hair accessory such as the Oomph hair clamp to elevate the look further.
- Finish off with the L'Oreal Paris Elnett hair spray to lock everything in.
Do you know how many types of bangs you can try? Check out: