Your big day is here and it’s all that you’ve wished for. Now all you need is the SOS vanity kit for everything from shine proofing your face to keeping your lipstick kiss-proof through the day. Believe me when I say it takes a lot to impress us these days, given the profusion of beauty products we get to try out.
Here’s my list of makeup items for bride:
- High Definition isn't just for televisions. Ever since HD formulas that hide imperfections and fine lines were launched, I was a convert for life. This finely milled powder is virtually invisible to HD cameras and wedding photographers. All you need is a single pat of this pressed powder to effectively cover imperfections and fight off shine thanks to the long wearing, oil controlling formula. The cruelty and paraben-free product is color matched for touch ups or fuller coverage to keep you looking your photogenic best through the wedding album.
- Remember that thick, gooey glop makeup artists used to use to fill in pores and lines, and hide blemishes? Hardly the way to guarantee a dewy, radiant complexion. Thankfully primers have had a coming of age, and I can't get enough of the NYX Professional Makeup Hydra Touch Primer. This versatile formula creates a smooth, glowing canvas for flawless coverage while its skin-loving ingredientschamomile, green tea and ginseng root extractsmoothen and refresh the complexion. After all, a pore-less complexion is the starting point of a beautiful bride.
- Put the word ‘long wear’ in front of a matte lip color and you’ll be forgiven if you think you’ll end up with a dry, chalky feel on your lips that refuses to come off without using an industrial strength remover. Not so with this hydrating, lightweight, highly pigmented formula with a creamy finish. It stays on for hours and is available in a host of stunning colors. You MUST add this to your vanity.
- Sure, gel manicures are the best thing to have happened in recent times and guarantee fuss-free pretty pinkies for weeks on end. But gel manis can get a tad expensive in the long run. Say hello to this miracle gel dual pack; Top Coat and Pink Cadillaquer, the only true, two-step gel manicure with no fiddly UV light needed. Now get up to 14 days of color and shine, easy removal and shine at a fraction of the cost of a regular gel manicure.
- I've never been a fan of water-proof mascara, it's such a pain to remove. But no smart bride should go down the aisle without it. (let the tears roll!) This almost creamy product slips onto each lash so quickly and easily, it's literally a cinch to lengthen, volumize, and brighten your eyes without ugly clumps and endless application. The triangular brush provides precision, while the waterproof and smudge-proof formula ensures a transfer-free application for up to eight hours!
- This is a one of its kind eyeliner that prevents smearing, smudging and fading. One swish is all you need to add drama and definition to eyes and I'm in love with the silky, rick hues. The soft core and rich color makes it a breeze to apply even on the waterline. The best part? The color payoff lasts for 16 hours! It might be the most no-frills item in your vanity kit, but no bride can do without it.
- Even though you'll be getting your makeup done professionally, it doesn't hurt to have a set of makeup brushes handy to keep your look flawless. This nifty tool set includes a soft and fluffy powder brush, a foundation brush for touch ups, an eyeshadow brush and a lip brush. All you'll need to touch up your look and look picture perfect through the celebrations.
- Ripe golden Honey with succulent warm Vanilla combines to seal in moisture and make you smell irresistible. Honey's natural antioxidant and antimicrobial properties soften skin and protect it from UV rays, while Kokum Butter regenerates and nourish skin cells. Meanwhile Vanilla soothes those frazzled nerves and Sweet Almond Oil adds a moisturized glow to skin. All you need for an instant pick-me-up.
- This multi-faceted fragrance bottle is fit for royalty, nothing less than what a bride needs on her wedding day. Adorned by a jewel-like chiselled gold cap, the bottle silhouette is sheathed in an amethyst veil and wrapped in a precious diamond sash. This stunning scent is the sensual and radiant combination of Tuberose Absolute and Jasmine enhanced by oriental notes of Vanilla and a vibrating Cashmeran.