If you are a skincare enthusiast like me, you must have heard about the magical wand than can turn your skin health around; yes, we are talking about the Gua Sha stone, which in its purest form has been an ancient Eastern beauty routine since centuries. A prized beauty treasure owned by elite women, this precious stone was passed down through the ages to lift, sculpt and tighten every facial muscle. This beauty massage tool also aids in improving circulation and the look and feel of the skin. As part of the growing trend of aesthetic treatment, Nykaa launched the Nykaa Gua Sha in two variants—Rose Quartz and Green Jade; needless to say, I was very excited.
Nykaa Gua Sha has been launched in 2 variants:
Benefits of Gua Sha
- Stimulates facial muscles and tangled nerves
- Radiant and youthful skin
- Releases anxiety and stress
- Promotes Lymphatic drainage & aids in blood circulation.
- Reduces puffiness and fluid build-up
- Relieves facial & jaw tension
- Firms & lifts the face
- Removes acne & wrinkles, and evens out skin tone
- Promotes cell regeneration & renewal
- Detoxifies & Oxygenates skin
- Helps form Collagen and Elastin
Know Your Stone
Where To Use
A step-by-step guide on how to incorporate Gua Sha in your skincare regimen.
Step 1: Apply your face serum on the face and the neck. Massage any leftover product on the Gua Sha stone to enable a gentle gliding movement.
Step 2: Sweep up on your neck on both sides and under your chin. Sweep from the middle of your chin over your jawline and back towards your ear lobes. Sweep underneath your cheekbones and direct it towards your hairline. Repeat over your cheekbones.
Step 3: Sweep under your eyes, from the inner corner out to the hairline, then sweep over the eyebrow out towards the hairline, then up the forehead, and finish at the hairline.
TLC For Your Stone
- Wipe only with a soft damp cloth.
- Avoid hot water or harsh soaps to clean.
- Keep out of reach of children.