It’s official! Bad habit equals BAD nails. So, hear us when we say, torturing your nails is a complete no-no. Also, might we suggest ditching binging on scary movies too? Because whether you realize it or not, biting your nails is as bad as not giving your nails a break from your fav gel manicures. And while we’re here to get your #LongNailGoals on point, learning how to prevent them from chipping off can be one wishful task.
So, whether you want to keep it simple or wish to stay on top of the latest nail trends, we’ve got you covered. getting them perfect to the T without hangnails or snags is easier said than done (specially, when you’re trying to go au naturel). So, instead of sitting and envying your colleagues’ manicure, take a straight dive into our guide to grow beautiful nails.
1. How to grow nails in a week
Ready to take notes?
a) Oil Nourishment Technique
- Both Coconut and Olive Oil contain antifungal properties.
- If you’re dealing with pale, broken, or ugly nails, Coconut or Olive oil is your answer.
- Dealing with weak nails? Enter Flaxseed Oil to your rescue.
- Simply warm up the oil and gently massage it onto your cuticles, and voila – long, healthy nails within a week
PS: Go easy on the oil and take your pick basis your need, be it coconut, flaxseed, or olive oil.
Nykaa recommends: Aroma Treasures Nail Care Oil
b) Common Salt
- Dissolve 3 to 4 pinches of salt in a bowl of water and add a tablespoon of Olive Oil in it.
- Once you make this mini spa, soak your fingernails in it for 15 minutes, daily.
- And just in case you spot a yellow tint to your nails, squeeze a few drops of Lemon juice.
PS: Remember it might sting a tad.
Nykaa recommends: Inatur Olive Oil
2. How to grow nails in 2 days?
Here, quickly scooch in with a cup of coffee.
a) Your DIY Concoction – Oil & Lemons
- Mix some Olive Oil and Lemon juice in a bowl.
- Heat it up for about 10 to 15 seconds until warm.
- Soak your fingernails in the mixture for 10 minutes flat.
- Repeat for 2 days and watch your pretty nails bud.
Tip: File the nails at night, unless you’re not fussy about odd, uneven shapes.
Nykaa recommends: Nature Sure Rogan Jaitun Oil - Olive Oil
b) Some Juice For Your Nails
- Rub a slice of orange on your nails for few minutes.
- Take 2 – soak them in a mixture of Lemon juice and Olive Oil.
- If you’re out of stock, just plain orange juice will suffice.
- Soak your nails for 5 minutes and wash them off.
Tip: Keep in mind, moisturizing afterwards always helps!
Nykaa recommends: Green & Brown Olive Oil Extra Virgin
3. How to grow nails in one day
Time to get some serious business done!
b) Nail Growth Via Coconut Oil: DIY Soak
- First up, grab a medium-sized bowl that can easily house your fingernails.
- Pour some Coconut Oil in the oil, enough to cover your nails.
- Keep your nails soaked in the concoction for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
Nykaa recommends: Indus Valley Bio Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
4. How to grow nails fast in 1 hour
Yes, you’ve heard it right!
a) Magic Of Shea Butter
Things to know: Shea Butter contains Vitamin E and A which nourishes skin around the cuticle. What else? Its fat content keeps the nails and cuticles moisturized and shiny all day long.
- Smear some amount of Shea Butter around your cuticle and nails.
- Gently massage and leave it for 30 minutes on your nails.
- Slip in those hand gloves and leave them on for an hour.
- Remove the gloves and you’ll notice a small growth in your nails.
Bonus tip: Tapping fingers gently on a table or typing on a computer can stimulate nail growth. How? It accelerates the blood circulation around your fingernails; Result – speedy nail growth.
Nykaa recommends: Lotus Herbal Sheamoist Shea Butter & Real Strawberry 24hr Moisturiser
b) The Many Wonders Of Coconut Oil
Things to know: Coconut Oil can work wonders when it comes to nail growth. Did you also know—its essential nutrients and fats aid in keeping skin around your cuticle nourished!
- Squirt a reasonable amount of Coconut Oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Moving up next, add a spoonful of salt to the bowl.
- Soak your fingernails in the mixture for 30 minutes, straight.
- Results after an hour? Teensy growth in your nails.
Bonus tip: A little addition of salt helps to mineralize nails and make them stronger, while Coconut Oil does the rest of the magic.
Nykaa recommends: Kapiva Ayurveda Virgin Coconut Cold Pressed Oil
5. How to grow nails faster in 5 minutes
Wondering how to get that done? Keep reading.
a) Olive Oil
What do I need: Olive Oil, Small Bowl, Cotton Gloves
- In a small bowl, put 3 tablespoons Olive Oil.
- Heat the oil for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Massage the warm oil on your nails and cuticles for about 10 minutes. Quite easy right?
- Finally, wear cotton gloves and leave them on as long as you want.
Nykaa recommends: St. D'vencé 100% Pure & Natural Olive Oil
b) Beauty Of Nail Extensions
What do I need: Nail Glue, Manicure Kit, Nail Tip Cutter
- Start with washing your hands. Remove nail paint if any, using an acetone.
- Push back your cuticles and lightly buff your natural nails to remove any moisture or shine.
- Pay heed to this step, because choosing an appropriate nail size is very important.
- Once selected, apply glue on the hollow area of the tip and stick it back on your nail. Apply little pressure to remove air bubbles.
- Leave it for 30 seconds and then cut the tips to your desired length.
- Shape the sides and tips of the nail. Attagirl!
Nykaa recommends: TS Manicure Set Pack Of 5
Tips on How to Grow Nails Faster
- Biotin consumption helps to boost the growth of nails and hair. PS: A daily intake of at least 2.5 milligrams of biotin (whole grains, boiled eggs, bananas, and mushrooms to name a few) can help toughen nails and accelerate their growth.
- More often than not, nail softness weakens nails, making them prone to breakage. This increases the need for nail regrowth. So, how do you prevent this? Use nail hardeners, but sparingly.
- Adios toxic polishes and glue-on nails! Since artificial nails often weaken your natural nails causing them more prone to breaking, it’s best to avoid them. Instead look for water-based polishes – your toxin-free pal.
- Practice good nail grooming. That’s your cheat way to boost the strength of your nails, promote growth and prevent breakage. A little know-how about how to maintain this habit is by moisturizing your hands and nails with a lotion; plus, avoiding nail biting.
FAQs on How To Grow Nails
1. What does it mean when your nails grow fast?
It’s simple! With an appropriate intake of water, the body flushes out toxins which improves health and promotes your nail growth faster.
2. What foods are biotin rich?
Biotin is an important type of B vitamin that allows your body to convert food into energy. Biotin-rich foods include sardines, nuts and nut butters, soy and other beans, cauliflower, and mushrooms.
3. Why are my nails so thin?
While nail splitting or nail peeling is a normal sign of ageing, it can also be caused by frequent polishing. Sometimes it can signal a health issue caused due to vitamin deficiencies.