Q:

About Sheet mask ❤ PROS & CONS

I'm addicted to Sheet Mask. I have tried many brand sheet mask but my 3 most favourite sheetmask are - 

Important things u should know abt Sheet Mask - 

• Which comes first Toner or Mask? - Out of the two, a face mask comes first. This is because a toner is meant to shrink your pores. And a face mask gives best results when applied to open pores.
  • Sheet mask leaves essence on your skin after it's removed. Sheet masks continue to benefit your skin after you remove it, so don't wash your face immediately after.
  • Can I reuse the Sheet-Mask?  - Something you should  not do is reuse the same sheet mask. Yes, there's usually a ton of excess serum at the bottom of sheet-mask packets, but the last thing you want to do is reintroduce the dirt and bacteria from your face by re-soaking and reusing the same mask.
  • Sheet masks are great to use at night or during the morning before applying make up. We recommend using sheet masks that are creamier and richer in essence at night so all of the nutrients can really sink in while you are sleeping.
  • Do not leave a sheet mask on overnight! Sheet masking should be kept between 15-25 minutes and should not exceed 30 minutes. Leaving sheet masks on until they dry will actually cause a reversal effect because the sheet will begin to reabsorb the moisture from the skin. 

PROS -

1. Because they are packed individually, they are convenient and easy to carry and use.
  2. When it comes to sheet masks you will be getting an instant result that will not last more than 24h. They are, by all means, not a long-term solution to any skin concerns you may have.
  3. They are both refreshing and relaxing.
  4. You will get a boost of hydration that will make your skin more plump and radiant.

CONS - 

1. I will go ahead and say what’s been bothering me ONE-SINGLE-USE? This means more garbage in a world that is already literally drowning in garbage. This should not be used daily.
  2. For some types of sheet masks, you must lie down while they’re on your face.
  3. Overmasking can lead to breakouts if you have oily and/or acne-prone skin.

Do sheet masks really work?

For quick hydration, yes. To maintain a radiant, moisturised glow on your skin, yes. For anything more than that, no. If you have skin problems that go beyond dryness and dullness, you will need to get more extensive, professional treatments. It’s a great idea for a lazy weekend at home. 

Since they’re packed individually and are compact, I can carry them on holidays as well. 

Now  I try to buy sheet mask less like a 2-3 sheet mask and I'm trying to use sheet mask only when I have to go out of city or when I have to go for a function or party. 

Views (520)

4 Answers
Check out the latest buzz on India's largest beauty community
Explore More On Nykaa Network