1. Boat pose - It tones and strengthens the abdominal muscles and helps to improve the balance and digestion thus aids in weight loss by targeting abdominal muscle.
Duration recommended: 30 seconds hold and 5 reps.
2. Cobra pose - It helps to reduce the upper body fat and tones abdominal muscle.
Duration recommended: 20 -30 seconds hold and 10 reps.
3. Downward dog pose - It helps to tone the arms and biceps as it directly targets the arms, shoulder and back muscles.
Duration recommended: 15 seconds hold and 10 reps.
4.Camel Pose - It is one of the best yoga pose to lose hip and thigh fat as it targets thighs, ankles, and back.
Duration recommended: 30-40 seconds hold and 5 reps.
5. Bow pose - It is super effective for inner thigh muscle as it stretches all your four limbs, which help to get rid of both thigh and butt fat.
Duration recommended: 15 to 20 seconds hold and 10 -15 reps.
Last time I shared some mudras for healthy heart, blood pressure and constipation.
Today I am sharing a few more for problems like mental disorder, concentration, insomnia, low metabolism, old cold and low immunity. To know about the "things to avoid" and duration for these mudras you can refer to my earlier post - https://www.nykaa.com/nykaa-network/hasta-mudras/discussion/72412
1. Gyan Mudra - Mudra of knowledge
How to do : Sit in any of the meditative pose (sukhasana, padmasana, or vajrasna), relax your hands on your knees by placing your palms facing upward. Fold the index finder and connect its tip to the tip of your thumb. Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathe , to improve its efficiency of this mudra you can chant the word "AUM" in conjuction by every exhale.
2. Prana Mudra - Mudra of Life
How to do : Sit in any of the meditative pose (sukhasana, padmasana, or vajrasna) , or can be even practiced seated over a chair. Close your eye and fold both little finger and ring finger touching their tips to the tips of your thumb keeping the rest fingers realaxed , staright and firm. Put a mild pressure between the joining fingers and do it with both the hands at the same time. To improve its efficiency do the mudra along with "Pranayama". Avoid practicing after sunset.
3. Linga Mudra - Mudra of heat
How to do : This mudra can be practiced seating , standing or even lying on the bed, but I would recommend to sit in meditative pose. Interlace your hands and wrap one thumb around the other while extending the inner thumb upwards.Do it with both the hands simultaneously.
Do you know all five fingers are related to different elements of our universe? Have a look at this reference image to know which finger is related to which element :
Hasta mudras include practicing different types of gestures using the fingers which help to balance the 5 elements in the body. Before starting with the mudras , I would like to share these rules one needs to know about hasta mudras.
1. Apan Vayu mudra - Mudra for healthy heart
Benefits - Helps in regularising palpitation, eases gastric issues, removing toxins and improves blood circulation.
How to do - Sit in the lotus pose , stretch the hands in outward position and fold the middle and ring finger to touch the tip of the thumb.
2. Surya mudra - Mudra for high blood pressure
Benefits - helps to reduce obesity, cholestrol level and controls high blood pressure.
How to do - Fold your ring finger and place it on the bottom of the thumb and apply some gentle pressure keeping the rest of the fingers open.
3. Varuna Mudra - Mudra for constipation
Benefits - helps to cure or relief the disorders or diseases that result from a lack of water in body like dehydration, disorders related to kidney and bladder, blood disorder like anemia. It is even beneficial for dry skin, dry eyes, and dry hair.
How to do - Fold your little finger inside and connect it to the tip of your thumb.
Comment below if you like , or have anything to share about hasta mudras. Also, if you guys wants to know more about any mudra for any disorder let me know in the comments !
1. Fish Pose - It is one of the hatha yoga which helps to strengthen the upper back and lowe neck muscles. It helps to stretch the cervix and thoracic region which actually helps to treat cervical spondylosis . Also it stretches hips, abdomen and chest which helps to open up lungs and improve breathing. Overall it improves the body posture and spinal flexibility.
Duration recommended 60secs hold and 3 reps.
2. Cow Face Pose - Followed by the fish pose you can practice the cow face pose , it is also one the hatha yoga asanas but in seated position and makes your back more flexible and improves its elasticity too. As it benefits the working of kidneys , its recommended for diabetics. It helps to improve the flexibility of back and treats stiff shoulder too.
Duration recommended 60 seconds hold and 2 reps (changing the sides)
3. Garland Pose - Coming towards the lower body this asana is perfect for stretching the thigh muscles ,ankles, torso . It also opens up groins and tones the belly hence improving the strength and flexibility of the lower body muscle.
Duration recommended 30- 60 seconds hold.
4. Half Frog Pose - It includes asymmetrical hip stretch that helps to strengthen the shoulder ,back, hips and ankles. This asana improves the flexibility of the back and relaxes the muscles near the knee joint. Also it improves the blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Duration recommended : 30seconds hold and 2 reps (each side)
5. Lord Of The Dance Pose - This is one of my favourite yoga pose , as it improves full body strength and flexibility . It helps to open up the shoulder and chest muscles,develops flexibility in the spine , shoulder and hamstrings. Regular practice of this asana will help to improve flexibility , stability and balance of the overall body.
Duration recommended : minimum 30 seconds hold (each side)
We all know that yoga is the combination of asanas which involves both mind and body, so here is a few yoga poses to relieve the stress and anxiety :
1. Child Pose and Rabbit pose - This pose helps to relieve both body and mind stress as it relieves stress through hips and stretches the lower back and if combined with the "rabbit pose" it is one of the best poses to reduce stress, exhaustion and panic attacks.
Duration recommended : 5mins and 5 reps.
2.Standing forward bend - This helps to increase exhalation and also relieves stress.
Duration recommended: 60 seconds hold and 5 -10 reps
3. Seating forward bend - Followed by the standing pose you can do this asana in the seated position, which helps to calm the brain and reduce stress and fatigue, also it stimulates liver and kidneys which helps to improve digestion too.
Duration recommended: 60 seconds hold and 5 -10 reps
5. Legs up the wall - This asana helps in reducing anxiety, headache, high and low blood pressure, depression at a mild level, and insomnia.
Duration recommended: 10 -15 mins
Thank you @Bhakti Advani
Hi Bhakti, if you want skin lightening and brightening benefits then use the Yves Rocher White Botanical Moisturizing Lightening Cream. For anti-aging benefits go for the Yves Rocher Serum Vegetal Wrinkles & Radiance Smoothing Day Care. Yves Rocher Serum Vegetal Wrinkles & Radiance Smoothing Day Care.