Their are various reasons why people suffer from acne such as hormonal imbalance, trapped sebum, clogged pores. Sometimes, when you don't exfoliate the dead skin cells are not removed and that can cause acne.
So here are some of the tips for people suffering from acne or acne prone skin.
1. Keep it Simple
Less is more when it comes to acne prone skin so a simple skincare routine is a must. A simple Cleanser + toner + moisturizer would do the job.You don't need to include ten different products in your skincare routine.
Having too many products in your skincare routine can irritate and sensitize your skin, have a Minimal yet Effective skincare routine.
2. Do Not Dry Out Your Skin
I've seen people with acne prone skin using a whole skincare line ment to dry out your acne ( products containing tea tree oil ) like tea tree cleanser + tea tree toner + tea tree oil + tea tree moisturiser & also clay mask or tea tree sheet maks. Well that's too much for your skin, it'll irritate and over sensitze your skin and will hamper your skin's natural recovery process. So Never Overwash, Never Over Exfoliate, Never Dry Out your skin because when you dry out your skin it will produce more sebum and hence more oil, clogged pores and more acne. Let your skin function and heal on it's own, give it some time.
Do not use a physical exfoliator go for a chemical one instead.
Hydration is the key when it comes to dealing with acne prone skin. When you are not hydrating your skin properly it produces more sebum to balance out the oil and water balance leading to clogged pores and more acne.
4. Sun Protection
When you are dealing with acne your skin is more sensitive to sun and more prone to pigmentation in blemished areas so protect it with SPF to reduce chances of that happening.
Things you should Never do while suffering from Acne
1. Squeeze or pop pimples - Use salcilyic acid or benzoyl peroxide and let it heal on it's own.
2. Questionable home remedies & diys - Home remedies like lemon, apple cider vinegar, tomatoe etc all these home remedies can irritate your skin, when your skin is already sensitive due to acne certainly you don't wanna try lemon or apple cider vinegar a potential irritant, leading to inflammation and redness and more acne.
3. Long wear makeup - It's highly occlusive. Use a breathable, lightweight foundation instead.
4. Scrub/ exfoliator - Do not use a physical scrub or exfoliator it only creates an unnecessary friction on the upper layer with skin and can also cause micro tears, when it comes to acne you need something like salicylic acid that'll get deep into your pores and clean them.
These are some of the ingredients you should look for while buying skincare products for your acne
Salcilyic acid, Benzoyl peroxide, Sulphur, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin A, Niacinamide, Centalla Asiatica and Madecassoside.
How your skincare routine should look like ???
• Cleanser + Hydrating toner + Serum/Ampoule with salcilyic acid + Soothing moisturizer + Sunscreen
• Cleanser with glycolic/lactic/salicylic acid + Calming toner + Hydrating moisturizer + Sunscreen
• Cleanser + AHA/BHA toner + Soothing Moisturizer + Sunscreen
• Cleanser + Soothing Toner + Vitc serum + oil free moisturiser + Sunscreen
Innisfree Bija cica balm
Innisfree bija toner
Avene thermal spring water
Avene cicalfate repair cream
Make prem safe me releif ampoule
Etude House Soonjung emulsion
The face shop Dr.belmeur line
Sukin foaming facial wash
Innisfree green barley bubble cleanser
Innisfree blueberry line
Makeup revolution skincare niacinamide + zinc serum
Makeup revolution skincare Lactic acid + Hyaluronic acid
Juicy Chemistry Helichrysum & Rosehip- anti scarring & pigmentation control facial oil