True Elements Spearmint Green Tea is a blend of ceylon green tea leaves and selected spearmint leaves from the Himachal region. Unlike regular green tea, it has a unique refreshing flavour and scent. Mint based tea has regularly featured in Mediterranean, Indian and Asian cuisines. Spearmint is a native to Central Europe and during 1500s, it was used to prevent and treat scurvy because of its high Vitamin C content. It is a remedy for a multitude of disorders and the most effective way of consuming it is in the form of a tea.
Benefits of spearmint green tea:
- Relieves headaches, stress, nausea and fatigue among other things.
- It acts as a natural nasal and throat decongestant, relieving the symptoms of asthma and sinusitis.
- Its naturally occurring antioxidants cause detoxification of the body.
- One of its prime benefits is that it helps with skin allergies and clears acne through its antioxidant effect, preventing the clogging of pores on the skin.
- Spearmint green tea tends to increase bile production in the stomach and aid digestion. Hence treats stomach and bowel problems naturally.
- It has been scientifically proven to reduce symptoms in case of severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Another popular use of it is for expectant mothers, as a mild remedy for nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.